Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

:angry: Anyone got any experience of replacing whatever little electrical things illuminate the centre console?

I have a full compliment of LEDS that show when a switch is ON (heater controls for example) but only SOME backlights shining through to tell me WHICH switch is on :blink: !

I can't even find a way to get behind the console to check it out!

I assume there are some further LEDS behind the switches and I don't have a problem getting the old soldering iron out if necessary!

Also - an on the same sort of subject - the large radio display (frequency) backlight and the cabin temperature backlight are both "inop".

Any clues?

these probs are well covered in other topics, but i'm still learning y way around the site so cannot tell you exactly where. but, consol comes out by starting at the gearshift and working upwards. lights behind climate control etc, are not a user servicable item, tho there's a guy in the states who will do it for 200 dollars, or 150 will get you the bits to do it yourself. his website gives excerpts from the manual telling you how to get them out. his address is jimlwalker@sbcglobal.net and he was very helpful, tho i've not bought anything off him yet. mine's a 1990 LS400. hope this helps.

• 4 weeks later...

I’m in the parts business and got in touch with Toyota at Stockport, they supply Lexus Stockport with the majority of parts. As a favour they told me they send their “Lexus radio repair work” to an independent company in Bradford. I rang they radio company and they quoted me £130 + VAT to replace the LCD radio screen on a MK3 Lexus. It’s the larger radio/cassette with all the function button actions on the screen and costing £1300 new. Unfortunately they radio company doesn’t have a workshop and they do the work via the post. They have been the cheapest in the U.K. willing to do the work and they work for Lexus all the time.

Try –

AutoSound – (01274 688812)

Unit4, Lister Street, Bradford, Yorkshire, UK. BD4 9PQ

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links