Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Condensation / Ice On The Inside Of The Windscreen

Anyone having problems with condensation / ice on the inside of their windscreen of the NX ?

A few weeks ago I'd noticed the windscreen was full of condensation after a day of being left in the work car park - something I've never had in 20 years of car ownership. And today, the windscreen had ice on the inside of the windscreen that took the car a good 15 minutes to clear. (admittedly, the temp outside was reported by the NX as being -3 .. but still).

I'm lead to believe that the two are connected; most likely caused by moisture in the car. Question is .. how is that moisture getting in ? Someone said wet carpets, faulty door seals ....

Any suggestions ?

Hmm .. I don't know. I have been fiddling with all the air con system - so its possible I've turned something off.

I know I turned S-Flow off, as I found it didnt de-mist the windscreen very well with it turned on.

Time for a fiddle I think - just in case I've been a muppet.

i was going to say the same as Colin, check the recirculate switch.

On another note, i didn't know that you could switch the S-flow off or is that just another name for climate control?

S-flow is an economy feature. It saves energy by not heating/cooling the rear seats if you don't have anybody sitting there.

It doesn't really make sense that turning that off altered the ability to de-mist the screen. If anything actually having s-flow on should help as there is more air diverted to the screen.

There is a separate switch for s-flow.

Just to update .. so far .. no more condensation (or ice - but its significantly warmer than it was last week) - but I have turned back on the S-Flow.

In respect of S-Flow not impacting the demisting of the windscreen. With the windscreen vents on, and with s-flow turned on, the amount of air that I can "hear" coming from the windscreen vents is reduced, compared to when I turn s-flow off. I also noticed that the windscreen stayed misty for longer with S-Flow on - than off.

I take on board what you say about it being nonsensical that it can affect the front windscreen - after all, all the S-Flow does, as you say, is affect the rear seats airflow - end of. So in theory - it shouldn't make any difference.

Just been reading up on the S-Flow.

http://newsroom.toyota.eu/newsrelease.do;jsessionid=C0847FB9B9B04D27CE7209F34DF9D15F?&id=1774&allImage=1&teaser=new-lexus-gs-s-flow-energy-saving-air&mid=

It seems to more than just shut off the vents to the rear. I'll have a play around with it as I've never even switched it on yet.

• 3 weeks later...

Just been reading up on the S-Flow.

http://newsroom.toyota.eu/newsrelease.do;jsessionid=C0847FB9B9B04D27CE7209F34DF9D15F?&id=1774&allImage=1&teaser=new-lexus-gs-s-flow-energy-saving-air&mid=

It seems to more than just shut off the vents to the rear. I'll have a play around with it as I've never even switched it on yet.

It depends on which model. When it was introduced in the GS is uses sensors to determine it there is a passenger in the seat. For the IS and NX the system seems to have been simplified.

• 11 months later...

How spooky - just over a year later, and I've got ice on the inside of my windscreen again, and in the past few days I've had condensation - almost an exact repeat of last year.

This, plus the annoying rattle from the B Pillar and and crackling front speaker; two things that the dealer can't seem to fix (despite having the car multiple times), and now this ice on the inside of a car ... does not a good experience make.

My employer has removed a bunch of car manufacturers from the list of available ones.  Right now. I'm not going to be sorry that my next car can't be a Lexus.

On 11/02/2016 at 9:22 AM, AndyMJ said:

How spooky - just over a year later, and I've got ice on the inside of my windscreen again, and in the past few days I've had condensation - almost an exact repeat of last year.

This, plus the annoying rattle from the B Pillar and and crackling front speaker; two things that the dealer can't seem to fix (despite having the car multiple times), and now this ice on the inside of a car ... does not a good experience make.

My employer has removed a bunch of car manufacturers from the list of available ones.  Right now. I'm not going to be sorry that my next car can't be a Lexus.

You leaving any liquids in the car or got very damp car mats

I left a bottle of water in my car open and it did the same thing. Does it when car mats are wet too. 

The rattle can be fixed, go to another dealer. The crackling speaker should have been replaced straight away

• 6 years later...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links