Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Brake Noise

Does anyone else get a noise from the brakes when creeping very slowly in traffic, usually around 1-2 mph when the brakes are slowly released just to edge forwards. I've come accross this before, donkey's years ago in the 70's and it used to be called "Brake Grunt". It;s a low frequency vibration from the pads/discs that sounds a bit like a grunt/groan and the cure was to clean up the pads and put some copped based grease on the backs and edges. I did mention it to the dealer when it was in to get the roof polished, but no change and I doubt it was even looked at.

Thanks

Hi Tel, they're not binding. I happens mostly when you are stationary, slowly release the brake pedal until the car inches forwards and then you get this low pitched groaning/vibration from the front brakes. It used to be a thing with Jags back in the 1970's. I'll probably just monitor it for a while and wait until my problems with Lexus Edinburgh and EMac are resolved.

Cheers

Yes - I have same thing - most noticeable when 'holding' on brakes awaiting pull away. Whereas in most cars a very light pressure on the brake pedal is enough to hold the car back, with the IS300H insufficient brake pressure creates the noise you describe from the rear brakes - irritating!

• Like 1

Right from when I first had the 300h I noticed that, when stopped, I was needing to keep my foot on the brake more

firmly than with other cars in order to avoid an odd sound from the rear brakes. The sound is present when the brake

is released slowly and the car moves off by itself but not if you swivel your foot more quickly onto the accelerator than

might have been necessary in your previous experience, and this soon becomes intuitive.

All three of the automatic IS250's I have had make such a noise. I've become used to it and, when my mind is in neutral and I am daydreaming at traffic lights or stopped traffic, it can serve as a literal wake-up call.