Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

New Alloy Wheels Ls400?

Hi all this has probably been done a thousand times already so I appolgise in advance. I will be the owner of a 1994 LS400 tomorrow (my 1st Lexus) and I'm looking to replace alloy wheels any recommendations on sizes etc would be great, pictures even better

Thanks Del

just refurbish ............... Lexus designed the wheel style specifically for aerodynamism .......... see a post on here somewhere about the Press Releases back in the USA in 1989

Malc

I had a 1994 LS 400. I went to see Lexus and they ordered me a re-furbished set from their own stock. They explained that the wheels did suffer from degradation after a while, so they had started to re-furbish them themselves.

They gave me a call when they arrived and then changed over the tyres and balanced the set. If I remember correctly, the total cost was about 350 pounds. Mind you, that was 10 years ago.

By a strange co-incidence I was about to ask a similar thing. My standard Mk 4 LS400 alloys are not in too bad a condition but one of them is losing air at a bit of a rate (proabably just beading leak). I'm tempted now that I've decided to keep her for another 5 years/ 100k miles to swap with LS430 alloys which I think look a lot better, even though they probably ride less well. My son is keen as he hates the gold wheels (I know I could have them repainted!).

Has anyone on here swapped for LS430 wheels? If so, what was it like? If good, anyone selling?!?!?

As another option, I rather like the 18" GS300 Sport wheels my Mk3 came with. I wouldn't have chosen to puts 18's on it myself, and I have picked up a cheap set of 16's should I need to replace them, but for now I'm happy with them:

15595054056_ac8a3c01af_c.jpg1996 Lexus LS400 by Spottedlaurel, on Flickr

I think some GS300 Sports came with a staggered set of wheels where the rears were even wider.

Or what about these?

15186297864_ea7d13408b_c.jpg2001 Lexus GS430 by Spottedlaurel, on Flickr

So a 94 is a mk2 so no big front calipers to cause an issue.

So the world is your oyster really as loads of wheels 5x114 stud pattern

These 9x17 rear 8x17 fronts came of a supra.

2014-08-09-08.02.51.jpg

Then i went upto some 8x18s that came up cheap on the bay,no rubbing problems on either set up.

2014-10-14-15.47.20.jpg

Mazda RX8 alloys are very reasonable second hand,but have to be spaced out to far on the front of a mk3 to clear the big calipers.

2014-07-28-20.21.38%5B1%5D.jpg

Nigel - like the look of the GS300 sport wheels too. I have a spare set (8" wide) from my old GS300 sport so may well give them a go. What size tyres did you use and did you have any problems with rubbing anywhere around the wheel arches?

Nigel - like the look of the GS300 sport wheels too. I have a spare set (8" wide) from my old GS300 sport so may well give them a go. What size tyres did you use and did you have any problems with rubbing anywhere around the wheel arches?

Tyres are 245/40. No apparent rubbing, I doubt the rolling radius is much different to the taller tyres mounted on the original 16's.

• 1 month later...

Does one ever get used to that colour? **** Brown? (-:

Quite like the Ser 4 DHP wheels; but I come from Citroen background - even still have full set of DS23 hub caps in loft; stainless, full-covering.....wonder if I could adapt them to fit.....

Second one suits LS much better imo, for some reason the more "open" style doesn't quite suit the car, again, imo.

Also, I quite like the brown, though I admit, I am colour blind!!

Purchased four of the first style with deeper longer indents and 16 inch size Lexus wheels. Not sure which model they came from - manufacturer Borbet. Second wheel very Mercedes AMG style , which I also like.

Is the first style 17 inch?

Purchased four of the first style with deeper longer indents and 16 inch size Lexus wheels. Not sure which model they came from - manufacturer Borbet. Second wheel very Mercedes AMG style , which I also like.

Is the first style 17 inch?

Yep, 17 inch with a 45 profile, says so on the tyre.

Yes, both 17" wheels. The first one was standard on the MK2 GS300 and made by Toyota and the other is made by OZ in Italy/Europe, all stamped up on the inside of rim with part numbers, if my memory serves me well. I don't have the GS now but I've still got the nicer wheels.