Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lpg Installation Recommend

Anyone knows where to get LPG conversion.

Did a bit of research

Pro gas in Wales wanted £2000+VAT (£1200+VAT last year)

Bradford (not sure name) wanted £1800 all in

Leeds LPG wanted £1000 all in

Andy Evans wanted £1800

I was thinking LPG Leeds for £££ sake.

Any suggestions or recommendations

Anyone knows where to get LPG conversion.

Did a bit of research

Pro gas in Wales wanted £2000+VAT (£1200+VAT last year)

Bradford (not sure name) wanted £1800 all in

Leeds LPG wanted £1000 all in

Andy Evans wanted £1800

I was thinking LPG Leeds for £££ sake.

Any suggestions or recommendations

Profess in South Wales want £1200 for a V8 Thoroughly recommened. They do it in a day. Mike

http://www.professautogas.co.uk/index.php/about-us/pricing

Hi,

I am getting my LS430 done on Wednesday/Thursday by these guys:

www.ozonlpg.com

They are charging £1600 for a multipoint injection system. I have used them before and they do an excellent professional job.

The £1200 one offer by the Profess in S.Wales has to have VAT added to the price. Also, they install the very old STAG system which is a sequential system that can cause BIG problems if you have ignition issues. They did quote me for the same job.

Chewy

Hi,

My email is john@klas.org.uk.

I can send you the quote they sent me only last week for £1200 + VAT. However, this is for a Sequential system NOT a Multipoint Injection System.

I have previously had 3 vehicles converted to LPG and can highly recommend the guys down in Plymouth.

Chewy

Hi,

Just another thought. The guys you are looking at in Wales are not on the approved installers list at UKLPG. Although it is not a legal requirement to be a member of this group, your insurance company will usually ask for an installer's certificate from one that is on the list - something to check out. Profess Gas told me they would get a certificate from an independent company for this purpose, this did not fill me with confidence.

Chewy

I can recommend Hilton Autogas, http://www.hiltonautogas.com/

They did the conversions for me on a Ford Mondeo, and a few years later a Mercedes S Class. They use the Prins system. Not the cheapest system available, but generally recognised as probably the best. They are a few minutes off the M6 near Wolverhampton, and I have always found them to be very professional. If you phone, ask for Billy who is the owner (01902 866266).

Just found a sample price list on the Hilton Autogas website. The Lexus listed is the RX300, and the quoted price is £1750 + VAT. This is for the Prins system. If you are comparing with other quotes see if you can get a like-for-like quote. Speak to Billy and see what he can do for you.

I would suggest that the majority of the well established firms are pretty good at their job :-)

The guys at Profess in Wales "probably" do a reasonable job, just using low cost systems.

The guys at Ozon in Plymouth quoted the following for my LS430:

AC STAG ISA2 £1300 (This is similar to that supplied by Profess is Wales I believe)

LPG TECH £1600 - Highly Recommended

BRC £1800

PRINS VSI £2000

All Prices include VAT

Hi,

Just another thought. The guys you are looking at in Wales are not on the approved installers list at UKLPG. Although it is not a legal requirement to be a member of this group, your insurance company will usually ask for an installer's certificate from one that is on the list - something to check out. Profess Gas told me they would get a certificate from an independent company for this purpose, this did not fill me with confidence.

Chewy

UKLPG are a bunch of self appointed sherrifs, they have no government backing which is what they want you to think they have. They are a bunch of conartists. Mike

• Like 1

£1200+Vat for an old system. Plus they quoted me £2000 + VAT did Profess Wales.

I thought these people were recommended on here?

Help me out guys!!!

I have never had a problem with them, they have done 3 cars for me and I have several friends who also have had their cars done and all have given years of trrouble free motoring.

Dont forget they will only take a day to install and lend you a car while they are doing it. No I dont own Profess but I always believe in shouting about good service rather than just shouting when things go bad. Mike

I am now on my third LPG car and have never been asked by an insurance company for an UKLPG certificate.

What the LPG world needs is a system which is used in the home for gas that unless you are registered with a government agencies that legaly oversees the LPG world then the cowboys will continue to thrive. Meanwhile the likes of UKLPG continue to con everyone that unless you have one of their useless bits of paper your wasting your money.

Why is it so difficult to govern with good old fashioned common sense. Mike

• Like 1

Hi,

As I said "some" insurance companies ask for the UKLPG certificate. I also said that UKLPG is not a Legal Entity. I disagree with the comment that they are "Con Artists". I believe that the group was initially set up to try and regulate a totally unregulated industry. It is still the case that there is no legal requirement for a fitter to be registered, but at least it as an attempt at getting things on a more professional footing. Anyone is quite in their own right to go to anyone and get them to fit an LPG System to their car, which I am sure many people do. At the end of the day, word of mouth and satisfied customers are the best way for a business to promote itself.

I think also that Profess have now understood that you cannot fit a LPG system in a single day and make a really good job of it, as they now state this and ask for two days - they do however offer a free of charge loan car, which is a really good thing :-) I also, have no axe to grind with them or any other LPG installer. All I do know is that OZON in Plymouth do a good job.

Chewy

Hi,

As I said "some" insurance companies ask for the UKLPG certificate. I also said that UKLPG is not a Legal Entity. I disagree with the comment that they are "Con Artists". I believe that the group was initially set up to try and regulate a totally unregulated industry. It is still the case that there is no legal requirement for a fitter to be registered, but at least it as an attempt at getting things on a more professional footing. Anyone is quite in their own right to go to anyone and get them to fit an LPG System to their car, which I am sure many people do. At the end of the day, word of mouth and satisfied customers are the best way for a business to promote itself.

I think also that Profess have now understood that you cannot fit a LPG system in a single day and make a really good job of it, as they now state this and ask for two days - they do however offer a free of charge loan car, which is a really good thing :-) I also, have no axe to grind with them or any other LPG installer. All I do know is that OZON in Plymouth do a good job.

Chewy

If Profess are doing that now then it must be because they dont have as many staff as they used to. They always made a fantasticly neat job of installing my LPG cars and my friends, second to none. As for the certificate some insurance companies ask for I always showed them the invoice and certificate that Profess gave me and I never had a problem. As LPG is so much more common its something insurance comapanies are happy to accept. There are still some insurance companies that wont insure an LPG car but there are becoming less and less.

There is nothing wrong with trying to set yourself up as the Sherrif over looking the LPG industry but what is wrong is pulling the wool over peoples eyes as to exactly who and what they are and what power they actually have, trying to make you and insurance companies think that they are government backed is fraudulent. You and I have as much sway over the industry as they do They are in it for themselves and have nothing to do with trying to ensure that the LPG industry raises its game, thats why I say they are con artists. You have your point of view and I have mine.

Some of the most complained about installations on this forum come from LPG installers that are supposidly UKLPG accredited installers and when it came to getting help from UKLPG there wasnt a lot of good will about. Mike.

Just a quick note - OZON are NOT on the UKLPG List, so again no bias from my side. I guess I will not make any further comment as the topic is drifting away from the question asked by the original poster. :-)

Hi,

www.uklpg.org/about-uklpg.com

If you could point me to the bit where they claim to be Government backed I will point it out to them and I am sure they will remove it.

Chewy

Today is the first time I have looked at their website and it is clear that they have had a complete redesign of their web site. I dont have time to go through their entire site to see if they have left in or taken out the bits that gave you the impression they were government backed. The old site left you in no doubt that they were government appointed which was unture then and its untrue today.

However just looking and reading one or two bits and pieces does leave the uneducated/unwary that unless you do what they advise your going to be left with a car that you cant insure or that you haqve a dangerous installation and that again is pulling the wool over peoples eyes and conning them.

I dont like anyone that sets themselves up as the sherrif over anything mainly because history shows that they were in it for one reason and that was themselves. This I believe is true of UKLPG.

You pays your money you makes your choice.

There is chapter and verse on UKLPG in the archives including very unhappy LOC members who had installations done by UKLPG members, you might find it informative having a look through them, as for me I have said all I am going to say on this subject. Mike

Whether or not it is cost effective is largely due to your annual mileage, and therefore how quickly you recoup the cost of the installation. A number of websites have a simple form to complete that does that calculation for you.

On a somewhat related note are people still finding that the conversion is cost-effective, given the drop in petrol prices?

I am paying 44p a litre at the moment so its still a no brainer. Plus of course LPG is much kinder on your engine and your saving the planet as the exhaust is nothing like as polluted as petrol and diesel fumes.

LPG conversion is a long term investment and if your the sort of person that changes their car every couple of years then unless your doing super high mileages your not going to save, most Lexus LS owners tend to be long term owners so it makes sense Servicing costs are minmal I have a computer lead that plugs into my laptop and then online to Profess who can do any software changes instantly and if filters are needed they just pop them in the post and I change them over which takes 2 mins. If injectors or something bigger needs doing I would take it down to them but 6 years of running this Profess system it has never gone wrong and covered around 60,000 miles. Mike.

As above, it all depends on your mileage, but as a very rough guide, if you're spending £200 a month on fuel, therefore £2400 a year, then you'll spend about £1200 instead, after conversion to gas.

So you'll have covered a £1200 conversion cost, and from then on, you're halving your fuel costs.

I say roughly, because that doesn't take in to account the cost of petrol for a couple of miles when starting from cold, or the slightly worse mpg on gas compared to petrol, or servicing costs for the lpg system.

• Like 1