Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is250 Strange Jerk/judder On 3Rd Gear

I get this very strange jerk/judder on my IS250 which happens on 3rd gear. I am hoping someone might be able to help diagnose it.

When i'm moving in slow traffic and applying little throttle to slowly accelerate and keep up and maintain distance, at this point if the car shifts to 3rd gear with my foot gently on the pedal, the car would jerk back and forth unless I press down on the throttle pedal a bit more. It's not aggressively jerky but enough for me to feel.

The only way to prevent it for me is to make sure either just before it goes into 3rd, i come off the throttle completely and let the car roll into 3rd and once it's in 3rd it seems ok. The other option is before it goes into 3rd, i need to make sure i'm not so gentle with the throttle, but problem with that is then I close the gap between the car in front and me too quickly and then have to use the brakes unnecessarily.

This all started about 3 oil changes ago when I had to topup oil, i topped up with Castrol Magnatec and after few weeks this started. But for the past 2 oil changes i've switched to Mobil 1 and when I do the oil change it seems to be better for a while and then it starts again.

The oil could be just a coincidence or might have something to do with it. I am wondering could misfire be a cause? would misfire cause this only to happen on a particular gear?

Any suggestions on what I can check?

Thanks.