Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lost Service Book...

Oh dear...! Just had my RX400H serviced and i couldn't find the service book to be stamped.

Have got the invoice etc, and details of other work done since I bought the car last year, but still can't locate the service log at all.

Anything I can do - apart from keep looking? Will the dealers have any records at all?

Will I suffer when I eventually sell the car on?

Sheesh! :-(

Paddy

My understanding is providing you have had your services done within the main dealer network they are able to reconstitute your entire service history.

Additionally, I belive they can supply a duplicate book and stamps for all sevices completed.

Someone on here should be able to verify that.

Mind you.... being Lexus, they will probably charge £2,500 as 'admin' charges :whistling:

The Editor is correct. Providing the car was serviced within the Lexus network.

Whether you get charged or not will depend on how friendly your dealer is!

My understanding is providing you have had your services done within the main dealer network they are able to reconstitute your entire service history.

Additionally, I belive they can supply a duplicate book and stamps for all sevices completed.

Someone on here should be able to verify that.

Mind you.... being Lexus, they will probably charge £2,500 as 'admin' charges :whistling:

Exactly right. Happened to me between purchase and collection of car. The seller was mortified. The car had FLSH. I had seen the book so was OK about it...it can happen to anyone.

I don't think Lexus GB will be able to fill in all your details as the dealerships are under different group ownerships ie, Snows, Sytner's, Lister's, Westover, etc. They can tell you where it was serviced within the dealer network, then you can contact the relevant one to get the stamps entered.

Guildford Lexus produced a duplicate book and stamped up all they could confirm at Guildford dealership. My Poole branch were able to tell me the first 2 services were at Bristol Lexus. Posted my book to Bristol with a covering letter and all was stamped up and returned.

Don't know the cost of the book itself as that was stumped up by the seller...think it was about £25.

Thanks for the info, folks - I'll get in touch with my dealer. The car has full dealer service history, from two Listers branches and the first one in central London. (It was originally owned by some geezer called Sir D. Walker, so shouldn't be too hard to track down I hope!)

Many thanks again!

I knew the service team very well at Lexus Bracknell when it existed.

They gave me a full data printout sheet that had absolutely everything about my car from day one.

Not sure they where meant to do this, but was very useful.

Both Toyota and Lexus can issue a replacement service record book and will enter details in the book and provide service data information, they may charge depending on the dealer.

I use My Toyota on line log in for our Rav4 and that holds all data on the car, services, Mot's, parts fitted etc, so this is very useful and handy.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links