Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Exhaust Tip Missing

Hi All,

I know it has been mentioned before and love the fake tips or hate them, i lost one of mine today o/s top tip is missing, does anyone have any that i can buy from them as i know many of you have replaced the exhaust system and removed the tips/mesh, so can anyone help me, as i am gutted and the car looks crap with one missing.

Thanks for any help on this

Markovanb

Does anyone know of any exhaust ends that can be bought as a compatible replacement for the stock system layout, if there are no used items for sale with anyone, or where the best place to source new tips would be apart from the main dealer unless someone knows of a main dealer who got them on offer, as from what i read on here they can be £400 a side.

Sadly dealer is probably the only place to source replacements. You could get back boxes made up either side with realy tips like the back of my system. would probably still be 400 odd but for both sides. Would be an opportunity to put smaller back boxes on and get a nicer sound.

If you can stomach the cost you would be better off doing a cat back system for 800 ish.

Stu

• 2 weeks later...

One of mine fell off a couple of years ago, so I called my local Lexus Service Manager and complained. Result was a completely new assembly fitted at no charge.

thanks tango for the reply, but mine is not in warranty, was yours when the exhaust tip fell off, as it is a common fault, maybe they will do replacements at cost price, as a new assembly is close to £400 per side without fitting

No mine was not under warranty, but they were regularly servicing my three Lexus that I had at the time. Just told the Service Manager I didn't expect anything to fall off a Lexus.

Thanks to you all, who have given me good advice and suggestions, the Japanese oem sites are well worth looking at if you need oem parts from what i can see, almost half price compared to uk prices, jp-carparts.com and amayama.com who both seem to offer genuine items with part numbers when i have contacted them.

I think i will be taking VamboMan up on his offer if we can do a deal.

Thanks

Mark

Saw these over on the US forum Mark: http://www.clublexus.com/forums/2gen-is250-is350-is-f-classifieds-06-13/764701-fs-oem-tips-aftermarket-tips-borla-mufflers.html

Chap wants $100 for the two units (both are missing one tip)?

I have work friends who visit from NJ on a frequent basis if you need someone to bring them over?

Just another option if you can't sort something out with Iain. :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...
On 12 March 2015 at 2:38 PM, Mr Dunkie said:

Hi

Sorry not been on for ages but I have got a spare set of tips from having the H&S system installed - one is missing the top on drivers side. Let me know if they are any use to you?

Hi, I am new to the forum. I am now the proud owner of an isf. I am missing the two bottom exhaust tips. Are yours still available please?? 

• 2 weeks later...

I seem to have suffered the same fate here...both my driver side tips have just vanished. At first I thought it was some nutter who may have nicked it! However, there's no trace of anyone tampering on the cameras...it therefore seems like they just fell off! I do recall hearing some strange noise, like something metal(ish) dropped after driving off from a restaurant with the kids and better half on mothers day! I thought: it's a Lex so it cannot be my car! I wish I'd checked now! Grrr!! Anyways, I've just ordered two pairs from the US for what will cost me around £200. I decided to change all four so they all have the same look/finish once installed! I ordered a rear diffuser while I was at it also. Grande total - around £400 - same as what the dealer was charging me for only one pair!

Hi Chaps,

Not trying to tread on any toes, but I have my OEM tips in the garage if needed as well. :thumbsup:

Kept them after my H&S exhaust was installed.

One side was repaired after I noticed one tip was loose when I was polishing them.

Other one is untouched I think. 

Highly recommend getting some extra spot welds done before you install them. Otherwise you could be going through a few of them! :wacko:

Pretty sure mine was loosened by the previous lady owner reversing them into things on a frequent basis! :wallbash:

Anyway, just thought I'd mention it as another option.

PM me if needed.

Cheers.

Peter :smile:

• Like 1

Thanks for the help on this guys,

thanks dunkie that is very kind. I will put some before and after pics up. can I take you up on that please. Are you able to pm me the postage costs and we can sort. Car doesn't look the same with the tips missing.

I have the two bottom tips missing, one from each side.

In theory if I use dunkies whole set for one side so I don't have to split the tips of. And if peter would be able to do a deal for the other side  that may be better than splitting tips of a complete set and trying to fix them to where I need them.

Thanks guys

Hi 

not chasing guys just checking I haven't missed you messages. Not sure if my private messages are working and don't want to miss the opportunity of the exhaust tips. 

The isf looks poorly from the back without them😭😭

thanks 

Morning.

Haven't forgotten about this, my wife has been ill all weekend, so didn't get time to take any photos I'm afraid. :sad:

May have time to snap a couple tonight for you. Will be in touch chap. 

Cheers.

Peter :smile:

Hi 

I am new member to this owners club and noticed I am not alone in having a Exhaust tip falling off ( shame on you Lexus ).I took it to Lexus who wanted to charge me £450 to replace just the one missing tip. Does any one have one for sale or know of an alternative. I would even contemplate changing all 4 for a different set up  if I knew they would not fall off again. I am in Camberley Surrey, but travel to Gillingham area in Kent regularly, but would obviously cover any postage cost.

Thanks 

I know, I thaught I would be the only one missing tips, but looking back through the forum it is very very common. Hope fully there is enough tips to go around. 

Sad times Pete, hope all is well now. Thank you for letting me know. Hopefully talk to you soon. 😀. Not sure if it was crossed wires pal, I wasn't asking for a picture, if you say you have some tips in good order then that's good enough for me.😀 I was just going to take some before and after pics of the back of the lexus to show how bad it looks wit the bottom two missing. 😁 and then after to show how beautiful it hopefully looks 

cheers 

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links