Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lowering Springs

martin185

Hi all, latest phase of what I want to do with the 220d. I hate my se-l ride height, it makes the wheels look lost. Is the sport model lower than mine standard? Or would a set of h&r springs be the better choice. Appreciate the help.

Cheers

I personally think the drop looks good on these cars with either H&R or Eidbach lower springs. My first IS250 I put 19" BBS wheels on and it still look strange without being lowered. I have heard the ride is still fairly comfortable too, and hey if the goverment are investing millions in our road going lower and improved smoother roads then its a win win. I believe with H&R there is a EU and a US spec, I recall another thread discussing this.

• 2 weeks later...

The F Sport has different springs IIRC, however, there's very little difference.

Most will give their opinion on different springs, as mentioned there's Eibach, H&R, TEIN...along with a good few others....however, it's all own preference. The ride on one can be different to another.

My setup is 19" on Eibach Pro (US spec). The ride is obviously a bit stiffer bit unless going over speed bumps the ride quality is pretty damn good...and I like my comfort.

One thing that most will agree on though, the look and lines are FAR better when the IS is dropped!

• 2 weeks later...

Ahh ok, heard that the U.S. spec is better but I dont know why if the front end will be lower and even if it was, on springs it can't be that much of a difference can it?

I don't think there's such a thing as the H&R US spec... Someone might tell me different mind you. The US spec is for the Eibach Pro which are 1.5" Front and 1" Rear.

The H&R springs are 30mm all round

Ahh ok fair enough, I wondered why you'd want more on the front anyway surely it would look better dropping the same amount all round? Nice one thanks for your help

Brought mine back for the IS250 Se-L from Houston Texas whilst working over there in 2006/7. I spoke to Eibach in Germany to enquire as to why the European spec was different and was told it was due to the initial distributors who put the spec together for Eibach to manufacture to. The American spec drops the front by 1.5" (38.1 mm), the rear by 1" (25.4mm) and the European spec is 30mm drop all round. The American Spring is also more progressive in compressing.

One thing to note is that the Lexus geometry settings for the IS250 can still be made within their specified range up to a 30mm drop, but fitting the American spec Eiback Pro-Set requires the additional fitting of camber adjusters to maintain the correct geometry (front only of course)..

http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/topic/80172-do-i-have-to-adjust-camber-after-lowering-my-is-220/?hl=%2Beibach+%2Bsprings

Ahh ok that's interesting, to save the hassle I'll just go with UK spec H&R springs, Id love coilovers but not worth it on a heavy diesel that won't see the benefit

Ahh ok that's interesting, to save the hassle I'll just go with UK spec H&R springs, Id love coilovers but not worth it on a heavy diesel that won't see the benefit