• 15th March
    • Other.
    • 11th April
    • 12th Aprik
    • 18th April
    • 19th April

Looking good Tom. :)

You'll get it done mate. ;)

It's strange but whenever it comes to getting something done to the car, it happens! ;)

Can't say the same for the DIY and jobs the wife asks me to do! Lol.

Cheers :)

Haha, tell me about it - still got a radiator to seal up, speakers to put up, bath seal to re do, build my garage, convert the loft and sort the small room into a nursery (wife is expecting in October)! So once the car is done, it's still going to be a busy 6 months! :P

Nice one Stu. :)

Hoping to get mine cleaned up tomorrow, and also get my carbon vented bonnet installed. ;)

Got my table booked for lunch with the missus at 12:30pm as well. :)

What time are you intending on arriving Stu? Route planner reckons its 77 miles from mine.

Journey time is approximately 1hr 40mins.

Good job I subscribed to this thread! I almost forgot about the meet... it's been so long in the organising.

Looking forward to seeing you all soon. Hopefully I'll have washed my car by then ;-)

I'm out with the GT86 Drivers Club on Saturday to catch up with my old friends and see Fast & Furious 7, so this is a petrolhead weekend! :-)

See you soon.

• Like 1

All this talk of washing cars and merely fitting a bonnet, I'll raise that! LOL

http://vid10.photobucket.com/albums/a138/Tom-P10/Altezza/MOV_0642.mp4

Only kidding of course and I will be washing mine tonight! My engine rebuild is (hopefully) all sorted and my Altezza is running now! :) Did my first journey this morning and got me to work with no issues, so fingers crossed that I don't get any teething problems between now and then. I should be all set to go to my mates in near Bedford tomorrow evening and then head over to from there on Sunday morning! Peoples getting there about noon right?

Please excuse my scabby wheels - was part way through starting refurbing them and haven't had time to look at them since for obvious reason! :P

• Like 1

Tom: I may have to pick your brains about engine swaps. My 1G-FE is getting close to due for a cam belt replacement. As Lexus has quoted me a whopping £990 for the 100k service and cam belt swap, I'm considering alternatives to get better value for money.

Who should I talk to about a 2JZ-GTE swap?

Project Sleeper may be happening sooner than originally planned...

Nice one Tom. :)

It's alive!! Lol. ;)

I'll excuse the scabby wheels if you promise to clean under your finger nails! Lol.

No in all seriousness, well done for getting it back together in such a short timeframe.

Very impressive mate. :)

See you guys around 11/noon on Sunday. :)

Well you will all have to excuse my dirty car. I am stuck at work all day tomorrow and I have not had a chance to clean it since the Don Palmer day on Wednesday. So it looks like a quick rinse down before I leave on Sunday morning and no doubt will get filthy on the trip down as I will be doing quite a few miles!

Haha! Ill see what I can do about the nails but 13 hour days working on the car may have made it engrained! :P

Not sure how much I can advise on this Suggestible, as I'm new to Toyotas but I can talk you through what is involved in getting engine out of an Altezza and wouldn't think its much different fro the 3SGE as it is for your 1GFE (apart from a bit tighter cos your engine is longer :)

Hmm... I was actually thinking of finding a reputable garage to do everything for me, while I zip around the country in a courtesy car.

I average ~600 miles a week.

I'd love to see the differences between our two cars. From what I gather, the Sportcross has a lot less aftermarket parts available for it, which is a shame. I'm currently also considering Tein Street Flex and EDFC, but they seem to be incompatible with the Sportcross version :-(

Anyway...

See you all soon! :-)

While I like my car clean it always strikes me as odd that we clean our cars before a meet. Bikes just role up with what ever condition the bike is in. Wonder why car folk are so different. Sadly my cleaning ocd carried across to my bike but my clean bike was always on the minority.

Stu

All this work is very impressive; I can't compete. Closest I am is the GS is in the bodyshop today and tomorrow to sort out a few touch up attempts on the front bumper (done before I got the car he adds hastily!). Tried and failed to persuade swmbo to bring my SC430 along :(

Looking forward to seeing everyone on Sunday

M

I have an original

set of Lexus rubber mats ( grey ) to fit a GS MK3, ( they will also fit a MK4 95% ) if any one is interested in
then, I can bring them along to the meet as long as I don’t get called into
work at the last minuet.

Unfortunately i have to cancel last minute, something has popped up and I am not able to attend.

Saying that you should have really good weather and i hope everyone enjoys the meet

I am absolutely gutted! Unfortunately I am unable to make as something has come up at last minute. I was really looking forward to seeing other ISFs.

I will definitely make it next time.

Please can someone take pics or even vids of the meet and post on here if possible.