Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

flat batteries

Came back from 11 days away to the long stay car park at heathrow airport ...jumped in the lexus.......turned the key........j:mad::mad::mad:

one slow turn and frog all........rang RAC who got me going in 15 minutes........

Have any of you experienced something similair ??

The Battery indicator reads OK now and partially discharged when it let me down.......

any thoughts ??

99 IS200SE satnav dodgy Battery

Unfotunatly the indicator only covers one cell

So that might show good but you might have any one of the other cells down

Providing the Battery was fully charged and no door left open or interior or exterior lights left on there should be no problem leaving it for 11 days

I had a Toyota Corolla once that I left for 3 weeks with the alarm on.When I came to start it,it started 1st time

:D:D:D:D:D

phoned Lexus Bromley....asked me to bring the car in .... they will test Battery properly and if there are any problems they will replace it.......no hassle at all........didnt even have to raise my voice !!!!!

impressed

n my first IS200, i was giving it a sunday clean on a scorcher of a day & I had the cd player on + the air con. I'd left them both on for a total of about half an hour, when i jumped in to go out i put in the key & nothing!!! It was flat as a pancake! I havent tried the same stunt on my current IS.....but I do think maybe the air con had something to do with it. Never the less was still dissapointed...I didnt expect that at all.

Originally posted by vic

n my first IS200, i was giving it a sunday clean on a scorcher of a day & I had the cd player on + the air con. I'd left them both on for a total of about half an hour, when i jumped in to go out i put in the key & nothing!!! It was flat as a pancake! I havent tried the same stunt on my current IS.....but I do think maybe the air con had something to do with it. Never the less was still dissapointed...I didnt expect that at all.

If the engine wasn't running, then neither was the air-con - the compressor is engine driven, so it would've only been the fan running.

A bit surprised that that would have flattened the Battery.

no, engine wasnt running but was on full ignition...I was V V surprised....I always relate that sort of problem to an ageing car..not one that was 6months old!!

I might give it a go on my sport just to satisfy my curiousty.....It's bugging me now on if i can trust the bat in the future!

Was in the car about 6 months into its life and one cold evening, had the hi-fi and heated seats and ignition on for about 45min, started about 2 hours ago no prob.

I'm surprised that 30min would have done any harm!