Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Nx - Loads To Like, But What Don't You Like

Well we have just come back from a week in Cornwall and done about 700 miles,so we are now over four thousand miles all in .

The NX was very comfortable and smooth as you would expect, cruise control and radar worked as it should,economy was fine.But where it really struggled was on the cornwall hills even driving carefully and thinking a head the slightest touch of the accelerator and it would sound terrible,i would go as far to say it was even dangerous at times with cars queuing behind you.You will never have the confidence to pass anything quick in the 300h.We think for a car that cost us nearly 40 thousand pound this is very poor.

Don't get me wrong for normal town and motorway driving it performs beautifully,but next time we go to Devon and cornwall(which is a lot)i will be taking my five year old freelander which copes with anything.

Its a petrol engine, up the hills you need to give it some welly or it'll feel lethargic as the revs drop. To be fair, the 9.2s time is not bad at all considering the 2nd gen RX300 was around the same. Trying to drive economically on hills doesnt work with hybrid's, they wont climb up, stick your foot all the way down and it'll be fine.

Eammon, similar comments were made by Jeremy Clarkson when he reviewed the NX. He said that queues of traffic built up behind him because the NX made such slow progress, and that it was embarassing. I can't say I'm displeased with the performance myself, but I live in the flat home counties. If the 2.0L Turbo NX 200 had been coupled with a hybrid drive, perhaps power in certain situations wouldn't be an issue.

Eammon, similar comments were made by Jeremy Clarkson when he reviewed the NX. He said that queues of traffic built up behind him because the NX made such slow progress, and that it was embarassing. I can't say I'm displeased with the performance myself, but I live in the flat home counties. If the 2.0L Turbo NX 200 had been coupled with a hybrid drive, perhaps power in certain situations wouldn't be an issue.

Again, depends on how you drive it isnt it? If you're stomping on the pedal when every light turns green there wont be any queue at all. To put this into context, I saw an old chap, roughly the age of 70 driving a Merc S500 with a long queue behind him. The S500 is not slow, but if it was debadged, i'd think it was a hypothetical S200 or something because his foot wasn't anywhere near the floor.

Can't imagine Jeremy with his foot anywhere but down to the floor, but he does seem to dislike Lexus, and hybrids, so I take anything he says with a large pinch of salt.

A couple of questions about the Sat Nav:

1.Has anyone found how to mute the oral navigation.

2.The radio doesn't mute automatically when oral navigation is on which it has done on all other sat navs i've had.

Probably need to enable something but would appreciate if anyone knows.

Also found out the windows don't automatically close when holding down button on key fob,apparently you have to get this enabled at Lexus.

Hi Eammon. It's problems like this that make the official handbooks useful. Not sure if it's the same procedure for Lexus Nav and Premium Nav, but here's what I did on my Premium Nav. If you go to the MENU hard key on the centre console, and then select SET UP, and then VOICE. You can enable/disable voice prompts from the options (voice recognition prompts), and also Voice guidance in all modes - which allows guidance to cut in over any media being played. Global window closure from holding the lock button on the remote is indeed a dealer programmable feature, which I think is damn stupid because it should be set to ON as the default, or at least owner configurable through the on-screen menus. Hope this helps. My guess is they defaulted it to off to prevent drain on the Battery.

No problem. I'm going to get the global window shutting enabled next time I'm at the dealer, but I bet they charge if the car isn't already in for a service, or other work. Good luck getting the Nav sorted out.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links