Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Found Something Really Useful Today

I'm a bit of a shorty (would have been a policeman if I was taller!) and when I get into my car I have a bit of a problem reaching the brake pedal before pressing the power switch.

Today I discovered a bit of a gem. Most of you are probably aware of this but I haven't seen it mentioned before on here.

I have found that when I get into the car, if I put my seatbelt on before doing anything else, the seat, steering wheel and door mirrors all move to the pre-set memory position and I can then reach the pedal without any problems.........brilliant.

I have also since read that this can be achieved by setting the memory and linking it to the door unlock but I haven't tried this yet.

Ahh, that's coz your one of the posh buggers with the top of the range edition, not like us poor scruffs that don't have the memory function. :zorro:

Elevation at long last, I always wanted to be a posh bugger! Wait til I tell er indoors!

I don't think the status will last 'cause I don't not talk proper I don't :winky:

• Like 1

If these are yours, it looks like you are an ex glam rocker Ross !!!! :shifty:

No but I can recall a funny story from the mid '70s when these were in fashion! - Was at the local 'flicks' with either 'the lads' or a 'squeeze' (can't remember which!) on a Sunday night watching some reallyu 'pony' Hammer horror film or something similar and as we were up at the top part of the cinema (can't remember what you called it) it was quite a steep angle (35 degrees or so) and with multiple layers of carpeting added to the stairs over the years quite a health and safety hazard. Anyway a young trendy guy wearing a pair of platform boots decided to leave his girlfriend and go up the stairs in the centre of the seating area to the toilet. Unfortunately he chose to do this during a really quiet part of the film so that his 'clumping' up the stairs in three inch platform boots was heard all over the cinema, spoiling what was most possibly a meaningful part of the film. When he returned from the Khazi he started down the steps and back to his seat (in what was a totally silent and fully occupied cinema remember) and it was the same thing again, 'clump', clump', clump' - but he then lost his footing and fell bang, crash, wallop all the way down the stairs, head over heels to the very edge of the balcony (fortunately he didn't go over the top!)- the whole cinema was in total uproar for ages - funniest thing I experienced for many a year. AND NO, I DIDN'T WEAR PLAFFORM BOOTS!

Having taken delivery of my car with the Power Easy Access feature switched on, it never crossed my mind that it

could be de-activated independently within the memory system itself, so, acknowledging that one gets blasé about

these things but occasionally wondering what would happen if the system were to break down, I came to take its

presence for granted.

Then, upon fastening my seat-belt when collecting the car after its first service, the seat stayed where it was and

I found myself with my feet stranded in mid-carpet and my hands groping in thin air. Fearing the worst, I hailed a

passing mechanic who in his turn summoned the colleague who had serviced and test-driven the car. When the

latter came into view everything made sense, for he had the height though not the flat belly of a volleyball player.

With profuse apologies (but perhaps also a well-hidden sneer at customers who do not deserve to own such nice

cars) he switched the feature back on from the customizations menu and left me to re-adjust the memory setting.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links