Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

New Lexus Uk Car Configurator!

The NX200T seems to be the first to get the new car configurator.

When you click "build your NX" on the NX200t page, itll open up a new tab with an updated car configurator!

Its got full 360 degree click and drag and the car basically takes up the whole screen!

Its still a bit slow but atleast it looks much better!

The salesman I deal with at Lexus agrees with me that the NX200 pricing is crazy. I know Lexus don't expect to sell many in the UK, but to price it at slightly more (after taxes) than the 300H F Sport doesn't make sense. The F Sport 200 has the same spec as the 300H F Sport, but surely the 2.5 engine and hybrid system in the 300 must be a lot more expensive to produce than the 2.0 turbo?

The salesman I deal with at Lexus agrees with me that the NX200 pricing is crazy. I know Lexus don't expect to sell many in the UK, but to price it at slightly more (after taxes) than the 300H F Sport doesn't make sense. The F Sport 200 has the same spec as the 300H F Sport, but surely the 2.5 engine and hybrid system in the 300 must be a lot more expensive to produce than the 2.0 turbo?

Its got better performance though, hence its more expensive. The 300h engine is from the Toyota Camry in the US if I am correct so theyve been selling tonnes of them - the 200t on the other hand is all new so it takes money to develop from scratch.

Its got better performance though, hence its more expensive. The 300h engine is from the Toyota Camry in the US if I am correct so theyve been selling tonnes of them - the 200t on the other hand is all new so it takes money to develop from scratch.

Yes, Better performance and more expensive, they should of called it the NX400t to reflect this.

The cost of manufacturing the engine really has nothing to do with the sticker price of the vehicle on the forecourt. There is no question that the 300h drivetrain is more expensive than the 200t to produce however Lexus believe that somebody who wants the extra performance is willing to pay for it.

Personally I think sales will be very low unless they start discounting it.