Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi

Now I don't want to sound disrespectful to gs300 owners as I now drive one myself, but whenever I ask for advice on something to do with the gs300, out of 3 questions, I've only had a response to one, now when I had the ls400, I was getting loads of answers to questions from you guys, what the hell is wrong with gs300 owners? Is it because I use the name Messi and support Argentina or something? Its made me think about selling the gs300 and getting an ls400 again. I just don't get it.

something odd here the other day ......... was just driving thru Tescos carpark and there was a silver gs300 but badged up with Ls430 on the boot ................. summat odd about that gs300 owner for sure

Malc

😃 are you sure it wasn't a gs430?

Maybe you guys can help me with my question, infact there's is no maybe about it, i think you guys will help me. Took my car in for mot yesterday, and it failed on emissions, not by much though. Now he did say to me It can't be fuel related as I always use v power shell and the fuel lines are fine, but I do feel a slight mis fire sometimes, now when I got the car in october last year, I just gave an oil and filter change of course using parts from lexus dealers, the guy at the mot station did say to me 1 I need to give the car a good blast on motorway, as I always do start/stop driving and 2 changing the sparkplugs should fix the problem as he noticed a slight misfire. I have bought sparkplugs from the dealers yesterday, they are denso ones, do you guys think this might be a fix? I have sneaky suspicion that the sparkplugs in the car now are not denso, I don't know why, but I just have a suspicion.

are you sure it wasn't a gs430?

Maybe you guys can help me with my question, infact there's is no maybe about it, i think you guys will help me. Took my car in for mot yesterday, and it failed on emissions, not by much though. Now he did say to me It can't be fuel related as I always use v power shell and the fuel lines are fine, but I do feel a slight mis fire sometimes, now when I got the car in october last year, I just gave an oil and filter change of course using parts from lexus dealers, the guy at the mot station did say to me 1 I need to give the car a good blast on motorway, as I always do start/stop driving and 2 changing the sparkplugs should fix the problem as he noticed a slight misfire. I have bought sparkplugs from the dealers yesterday, they are denso ones, do you guys think this might be a fix? I have sneaky suspicion that the sparkplugs in the car now are not denso, I don't know why, but I just have a suspicion.

Unless a plug is duff I can't see how it would affect your emissions. Obviously using VPower the issue isn't the same, but when my first LS failed on emissions the tester asked if I'd been using supermarket fuel, which I had. I went and refilled with Shell and he told me to give it a hard drive and bring it straight back, it then passed. He also recommended booking an MOT slot every time and giving the car a fairly hard drive just before, had no problems so far. I guess changing the plugs ans then doing the same would maybe answer your question.

.....and I know just what you mean about not getting your questions answered unless it's an LS!

Hi

Now I don't want to sound disrespectful to gs300 owners as I now drive one myself, but whenever I ask for advice on something to do with the gs300, out of 3 questions, I've only had a response to one, now when I had the ls400, I was getting loads of answers to questions from you guys, what the hell is wrong with gs300 owners? Is it because I use the name Messi and support Argentina or something? Its made me think about selling the gs300 and getting an ls400 again. I just don't get it.

funny you should say that messi - i was thinking that myself - the gs300 forum is very quite with hardly any new posts or replies - now im sticking with the 430 - i did think about the 450h but changed my mind now

It may well be that the average LS owner could be of more mature (4/5 on the Waitrose Chedder cheese scale) years than the GS owner and therefore have more time on our hands while your GS owner is out there being a go getter.

Yes I know, I'll put my coat on. Mike

Thanks for the reply, he did advise to give it a good blast, and said there's nothing else wrong with the car apart from the slight misfire.

See I knew ls400 owners will help me out

I blame the cold weather, my dodgy fag ruined arteries prefer to be indoors at this time of year, so that's a choice of interweb or telly, and telly is 99% crap.

QED.

Oops, forgot to answer the OP.

When you said oil and filter, did that include air filter?

If not, then that's a common cause, along with plugs/leads faults.

And a damn good thrashing is always fun, even if it doesn't cure it!

Thanks for the reply, he did advise to give it a good blast, and said there's nothing else wrong with the car apart from the slight misfire.

So now we know, if anyone wants any advice, whether car, pets, gardening or even relationship advice, post it in the LS forum. BTW, anyone know when to prune fuscias.....

So now we know, if anyone wants any advice, whether car, pets, gardening or even relationship advice, post it in the LS forum. BTW, anyone know when to prune fuscias.....

You can clip them back now but dont be to hard, but prune all the dead wood. In the next 4/6 weeks they will start budding. just water them lightly and put outside once all risk of frost as gone, not a problem with the hardy varieties.

It may well be that the average LS owner could be of more mature (4/5 on the Waitrose Chedder cheese scale) years than the GS owner and therefore have more time on our hands while your GS owner is out there being a go getter.

Yes I know, I'll put my coat on. Mike

Ls owners have gone and got .......... that's maybe the maIn difference.

Malc

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links