Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Dmf And Lexus Extended Warranty

so my 220d seems to judder now and again when pulling away, I took out the extended warranty ..... I have been reading it could most likely be the DMF rather than the clutch .... my question is do you think the warranty will cover this? 91k miles on the car, new engine put in at 75k

I'm not sure about Lexus extended warranty covering that bit. What I do know is, that we are just back from a trip to Spain in my late 2007 IS220D. Noticed that coolant had come out of the radiator overflow pipe, so I took it to the dealer in Aberdeen (Arnold Clark Toyota). They tell me it looks like the head gasket known problem, and it woul dbe expensive to fix!!! I asked about the Lexus extended warranty and whether it would cover the fix, especially as the car has just hit a little over 70K miles. Abruptly told that Lexus UK wouldn't entertain the fix cost as I am 4 months out of the 7 year extended warranty. I'm fuming as my last three cars have been lexus, and the service record is impeccable... I am going to contact them directly as I feel that the dealer hasn't really bothered explaining my customer loyalty etc, and that it is only 4 months over the warranty period, and has done no where near the 110000 mile mileage limit. If this doesn't work out I'll check with trading standards as they sold me a car which is not fit for purpose!!!!

Col

Sorry to learn of your news;Please let us all know how you get on Colin.

1. Yes it is a known problem.

2. Be polite and courteous when dealing with Lexus. Stress in writing your previous Lexus ownership and Service Records and ask for a Goodwill Contribution at least.

3. I`ve not read or heard one good report about Arnold Clark dealerships.

Good luck.

Regards

John

Unfortunately, the Aberdeen Lexus dealership was closed down and amalgamated in to Arnold Clark Toyota Aberdeen. I've had nothing but problems with them servicing the car. Last service they did not tighten the sump drain plug, and I had oil leak all over my lock block driveway. It took a lot of arguing with them before they admitted liability and paid to have my drive cleaned. I paid for it, sent them the receipt, and about 2 weeks later I got a letter with a cheque in it from thme. "NO APOLOGY".. that's the kind of dealer they are!!! Every one I know who deals with them has peoblems, yet they post over 95% customer satisfaction!!! NO WAY!!!!

Thanks for your reply John..

Colin

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links