Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Nice Features On My Lexus

I was driving my wifes new Mazda 6. It was a rainy day but not dark. I had the headlights on which caused the infotainment screen to dim to much. I found in settings a menu which had "auto" "day" "night" I chose day.

Then tonight I went out in it and the screen was to bright so had to again go back into the settings and select auto.

This process will no doubt happen again if it is raining but not dark. a right PITA.

My Lexus is300H has a light sensor which just works.

Ed. :flowers:

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, on features you can buy, I got a pair of these door puddle lights, they are a nice addition. Dirt cheap on eBay and they fit the IS 300h perfectly.

Sent from my iPhone using Lexus OC

Hi Mark, have you got a link to these please?

Yes. Really easy. Pop the current ones out, disconnect the wires, connect to the new ones and push back into place. No adjustments necessary. They are the same size.

Mark

Mark, were the priced as a pair on eBay or is it 19.99 each ?

Thanks

That is for the pair. They took a few weeks to arrive. I have had them in since middle of Jan and no issues.

Mark

Thannks Mark, now I am tempted to spend even more money.

I have just ordered a pair of the ash tray /small bins for the center console. The service manager at my local Lexus franchise is very helpful oredering things for me.

How can I justify £400 for illuminated tread plates??

Ed :innocent:

That is for the pair. They took a few weeks to arrive. I have had them in since middle of Jan and no issues.

Mark

Thannks Mark, now I am tempted to spend even more money.

I have just ordered a pair of the ash tray /small bins for the center console. The service manager at my local Lexus franchise is very helpful oredering things for me.

How can I justify £400 for illuminated tread plates??

Ed :innocent:

Interestingly I had a passenger in my car the other day and he was using the cup-holders section as an armrest and he commented that it wasn't very comfortable and "Could I get it sorted please" :shifty:

The thought then crossed my mind that I will probably never put any cups in there and, I wondered if I might be able to make a couple of slightly domed inserts, made from the same or similar material that the centre console is made from, this would then be a much better 'armrest' for the passenger.

Any thoughts anyone?

Here you go!

Look at this on eBay:

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=191082954068

For Lexus IS ES LS RX GX LX GS 2x LED door step courtesy laser projector lights

Mark

Damn!! Shop is closed, the seller is away on holiday!!!!

Here you go!

Look at this on eBay:

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=191082954068

For Lexus IS ES LS RX GX LX GS 2x LED door step courtesy laser projector lights

Mark

Damn!! Shop is closed, the seller is away on holiday!!!!

Geoff,

Not to worry. Bought mine, apparently exactly the same product, also on eBay, for US$29.95 from another supplier

called TOP AUTO ACCESSORY. This supplier calls the item LEXUS LED LOGO LIGHT GHOST SHADOW PROJECTOR

CAR DOOR COURTESY LASER IS 2006 2014.

Have you got a link to what you bought Renato?

The ones I have found aren't replacements, they require drilling.

I will continue to look.

many thanks

Edit: I think I may have found them...........

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2x-LED-Welcome-Projector-Logo-Ghost-Shadow-Car-Door-light-lamp-LEXUS-/291367070310?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item43d6d4aa66

If these are the ones, I'll get my order in.

I will continue to look.

many thanks

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2x-LED-Welcome-Projector-Logo-Ghost-Shadow-Car-Door-light-lamp-LEXUS-/291367070310?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item43d6d4aa66

Geoff,

The ones described on your link look to be identical to mine. However, mine were eBay Item number

191435078217. If you Google this number you should get the relative link to, probably, eBay.com

and not ...co.uk, which may not share the same numbers for the same items.

I will continue to look.

many thanks

Geoff,

The ones described on your link look to be identical to mine. However, mine were eBay Item number

191435078217. If you Google this number you should get the relative link to, probably, eBay.com

and not ...co.uk, which may not share the same numbers for the same items.

Just ordered these ones and they seem to be a direct replacement for the original lights.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=251742082764

I will continue to look.

many thanks

I have ordered a set and a UK supplier so delivery on Tuesday. I will let you know if they fit. They look ok from the picture and offer a full refund if not happy.

Ed.

I will continue to look.

many thanks

I have ordered a set and a UK supplier so delivery on Tuesday. I will let you know if they fit. They look ok from the picture and offer a full refund if not happy.

Ed.

Yes I've ordered a set from a UK supllier and am expecting them early in the week. I paid £20.99 delivered which I thought was quite reasonable.

OK my replacement light fittings have turned up and I went out to fit them but, looking at the existing ones, there doesn't seem to be the usual little slot for something like a flat headed screwdriver to release the lens.

Has anyone actually done their replacement yet and if so, how did you get the lens off without causing any damage?

I have done it.

I used a plastic medicine spoon from one of the kids cough bottles to remove the originals.

I took some photos see below where I removed the new ones with a paper clip. Hope this helps to show you how it fits.

Mark

post-49241-0-81067500-1424868854_thumb.j

post-49241-0-72449500-1424868855_thumb.j

post-49241-0-53579500-1424868856_thumb.j

post-49241-0-28125000-1424868857_thumb.j

post-49241-0-03063300-1424868858_thumb.j

post-49241-0-97040500-1424868858_thumb.j

post-49241-0-77054800-1424868859_thumb.j

OK my replacement light fittings have turned up and I went out to fit them but, looking at the existing ones, there doesn't seem to be the usual little slot for something like a flat headed screwdriver to release the lens.

Has anyone actually done their replacement yet and if so, how did you get the lens off without causing any damage?

Just fitted them to my F-Sport. A small screwdriver into the top and they came out no pressure needed just be gentle.

Ed.

Thanks for the answers and piccys folks. I have just done mine, I had forgotten that a few months ago I purchased a set of plastic trim removers for when I replaced all of my bulbs with LED's in my 250. Worked a treat.

Am now looking forward to when it gets dark to see what they look like!!

Thanks again.

Edit at 6.15pm. Have just been out and had a look and yes, the effect is a treat. I think that the illuminated scuff plates on my 250 were better, but this is a pretty good alternative. Worth doing methinks.

Agreed that the projectors are both attractive and inexpensive. I was worried they might be a little naff, but they are not.

That they are an alternative to illuminated scuff-plates regrettably not fitted as standard on top-spec 300h models as they

were on the previous-generation 250 is true but only insofar as it is not likely that anyone would want to have both the

projectors and the plates together.

While on the subject of illuminated scuff-plates, I can record that what must have been a very small number of early

European imports of lhd 300h's had them. When I bought my 300h in Italy in September 2013, the dealer was as surprised

as I was when I pointed out their absence (along with the rear-window sunscreen and passenger seat-memory) in respect

of the 250 I was trading in. Swearing that another 300h he had recently sold had illuminated plates, he phoned the customer, who duly confirmed their presence - as did a colleague dealer in Switzerland who went and checked a 300h in his showroom.

We then called the Lexus regional manager, who was frankly as mystified as we were but offered the speculative explanation

that some production batches may have "slipped through" without the illuminated plates and, were this to be the case,

initially suggested I could ask for them to be fitted free-of-charge. Of course, we immediately checked the published

specifications and promotional literature, and, to our disappointment, found no mention of the illuminated plates (which,

some months later, appeared in the list of accessories at the exorbitant price of nearly €400). To cut a long story short, it

appears that some early runs of the 300h were produced not without illuminated plates but with them, the result being that

there are a small number of 2013 models on European roads with illuminated plates and their owners probably unaware of

how lucky they were to get them. Whether this also happened with any rhd examples sold in the U.K. I don't know.