Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hello,

I have a moderately recently acquired ls600h (2008), black, with the rear seat entertainment pack - and I have an odd question! As a owner / driver I very rarely sit in the back. However I've just had a flat Battery which was diagnosed as a bad cell. As a result I've just spent 45 minutes in the back whille the Battery charged, and I'm convinced that the front passenger seat doesn't fold forward as much as it used to! Basically it folds the headrest down and then goes about 30 degrees from vertical - I thought it used to go almost flat?

So, has anyone got a picture of a 600 (or maybe a 460) that shows the front seat folded fully forward? I'm wondering if I just misremembered how far down it folds, or if I really have a problem?

I have an appointment to get the Battery changed anyway ob Friday afternoon, but any salve to my sanity before then would be appreciated!

Cheers

-- Paul --

• Like 1

Hello and welcome to the LOC.

IIRC it should begin by folding the headrest forward and down then the backrest should fold down on top of the seat base at the same time the seat moves fully forward.

It may be a programme memory which needs resetting so if it's a dealer Battery change ask them to take a look.

The function should also be described in your owner's manual but here you go :)

Lexus LS600h seats.pdf

Hello Steve,

Thanks for the welcome. I had a read of my manual, and your .pdf (which is slightly different). The headrest does fold down, but the backrest stops well short of the seat base; and I thought it used to go all the way down. I have mentioned to the dealer and they will have a look at it - I'm just wondering if I've had a memory failure (mine - not the seat).

I'd thought it would be easy to find a picture/video of the front seat doing its thing - but I've failed miserably. The nearest I can get is http://ww3.hdnux.com/photos/27/30/51/6130298/3/960x540.jpg

(taken from http://www.chron.com/cars/slideshow/2014-Lexus-LS-600hL-83402/photo-6130298.php)

which is about where my front seat gets to.

It's going to niggle at me ...

Cheers

-- Paul --

ive just watched "ls600hl experience with a sweet girl" on you you tube and that shows the front seat can go forward as much as you have described - i dont think you have anything to worry about - if you watch the video be sure to turn the volume down as the music will be traumatising to say the least!

It's the normal (12v) Battery. Annoyingly when it gets low the electronics kick out warnings about things like parking brake failure, and these stop the car starting, even though the 'starter' is actually fired from the hybrid (and I know it doesn't really have a starter). Otherwise I could start it and then let the hybrid system top up the 12v.

But other than that - I like it. I must take some pictures!

(Quick history - my previous car was a 1995 lexus 400 I bought at 3 years old - and was still working fine when I got rid of it last year!).

-- Paul --

... and I've just watched the relevant part of the video. It sure looks like my seat is going as far forward as in the video rather than as I remembered. I'm not sure if that's comforting or not.

I didn't find the music traumatising, but that voice. Sounds like she's permanently on helium!

-- Paul --

• 4 years later...

I have one question that I realy need answering one that no one has ever asked before....why is it that in the Ls600 ,Lexus felt that they should only put in one ottamon seat,the other back seat is a normal seat while still having all the other extras like heated,recline..

Anyone plz

On 2/10/2015 at 9:14 AM, forestfield said:

(Quick history - my previous car was a 1995 lexus 400 I bought at 3 years old - and was still working fine when I got rid of it last year!).

20 years driving the same car, impressive,  So why did u change ?

Malc

A different car but the same idea. My Celsior passenger seat does the same, first it goes forward, then the headrest folds, followed by the seat back but it certainly doesn't lay flat.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links