Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Looking To Buy A Used Ls600H L Have Some Questions

Hi all, I've been looking up the LS600h L recently always fancied one but never got the chance, currently I'm driving an IS300h F Sport but I find it uncomfortable! im looking at a 2008 model as these are in my price range really, my questions are

How are these cars when it comes to parking? driving around multi story car parks and getting in and out of a typical semi detached drive way?

How far and how fast can you drive in EV mode is it the usual 1 mile and upto 20mpg?

last question, if you have one of these how are they for current nav updates, does anyone have a DAB radio solution and Ipod connection in an early 600h?

Thanks

Brett

The LS600hl is longer than usual car parking bays so be aware of where you park as you don't want someone clipping it... Do not go thru Fast food drive thru's ... I did the day I bought the car and curbed alloy multi storey car parks can be a bit hair raising and certain ones up my way I won't even attempt

I get about 3mls on EV and yes 20mph

It does have a iPod connection in the arm rest compartment but you still need to manually select songs thru iphone/ipod, I purchased a vais tech gadget which allows me to play all my Iphone music albums and get album art and library on Emv display and allows you to use steering wheel controls to nav thru music menu from iPod/iPhone plus other features like Google maps weather and all my Iphone telephone contacts, the is a menu for dab radio but never used it via the vais tech app

Unsure about nav updates as DONT generally use it,

The comfort in the LS600hl is second to none.....

The only thing I'm not likening in the 600 is the drop down telly, when it's down it blocks your vision thru rear view mirror, everything else is perfect,

Just remember it is a extra long car

Saying that I wouldn't swap it for anything... Well maybe a newer 600 lol, mines a 09 with a little over 27k

Hope this helps a bit

Graham

Can only really answer your first question, I have a 400 and a 460, live in a standard semi and both fit on the drive more than comfortably.

obviously the 600 is a big car, but nothing like the q7 which I had previously which was simply a pain, wouldn't fit through width restrictions, didn't fit in usuall parking bays, and just to big for the streets of west London, my wife is used to big Cars but just gave up in the end.

She mainly drives our 460 now and simply loves it and has never complained of its size, big wide swing in the multi storeys and you will be fine.

I'm heading off to Devon and Cornwall on Tuesday for a few days and couldn't think of a car in this world I would rather be doing it in.

I have an older now apparently classic status LS400 and find the turning circle is very good for such a large car, rear wheel drive helps this, although not up to a London taxi status I have little problem reverse parking, as previously mention the standard car park space is inadequate both length ways and widthwise but manoevering with the later models is facilitated with parking sensors and the back up camaera system if fitted, didn't some models actually park themselves?

Yes Steve mine parks itself.... Well it would if I let it lol ...scares the life out of me so just take over and do it myself...

Ps turning circle of the 600 is (I know the word I want to use but can't lol) hence to say it's not good

Just as well I'm a artic lorry driver and know how much room I need to manoeuvre around tight corners comes in handy in the 600 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

I have a 460 and, like Graham, I never let it self park!

Having owned a 400 for years, neither my wife or myself find any difficulty in coping with the size of the car. It is very manoeuvrable and has a great turning circle (I owned an RX400 for a while and the turning circle was awful)

I use the rear view camera all the time for parking, finding the direction grid very useful. One tip I have learned - just before you get in the car, wipe your finger over the camera lens to clean it. It can get quite dirty.

I travel a lot all over Northern Europe and keep the nav system up to date. I use the 4 disc European package, it is very good.

Thanks guys for putting some of my fears to rest, I think when i get a test drive i'll pop home with it and check the parking situation for my driveway, length etc. good to know there is a nice solution for ipods id really miss that from my current car. I dont often go to multi stories so i'll just avoid them.

Hopefully see you back here when I get mine, I've not even sat in one yet !! waiting for an obsidian black one, love that paint job

I've owned both the LWB and SWB. The 5" difference in wheel base makes the cars drive like two totally diffent models. I use multi story car parks with the SWB I would not in the LWB. The SWB is more nimble, easier to throw around on country roads. It does not have the toys the LWB had like massaging rear seat, drop down telly, but I much prefer it.

I would advise a test drive in both if you can find them. If you can't find a SWB try a 460, they are SWB and will show the difference in handling.

Thanks for the comments guys

These seem to be really hard to find at the moment via a dealer

Only 1 swb in the UK listed and non of the L's are close enough to look at in obsidian black

On with the search

Thanks for the comments guys

These seem to be really hard to find at the moment via a dealer

Only 1 swb in the UK listed and non of the L's are close enough to look at in obsidian black

On with the search

This guy has lots (I was there this week) and not too far from Yorkshire.

http://www.locateacaruk.co.uk/used-cars/search-results?make=LEXUS