Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is 250 Suspension Query

HornDog

Hi guys and gals, I originally owned an IS 220 which was an excellent motor. During a service the garage lent me an IS 250 Fsport. Not sure I ever got my original IS220 back as I then purchased an IS250 Fsport!

Power aside, it handled the road way better than the 220 and I am sure at the time I read in the specifications that the IS 250 Fsport (2010 version) had a different suspension setup to the non Fsport and 220 versions.

So thats my first question - did the 2010 IS 250 Fsport have different suspension setup to the non Fsport versions of the IS250?

I have recently test driven the new hybrid IS300 and hated it, felt like driving a boat around. It wasnt until after the test drive I wondered if it was due to my Fsport being slightly lower and firmer.

Anyways I am now looking at getting the new IS250 Premium edition with all the bells and whistles but am concerned that on the Lexus site the whole IS 250 range has the same suspension. I am test driving the new IS250 tomorrow and hope it is a lot firmer than the 300.

Is all this in my head, or am I likely to be disappointed with the new IS250 compared to my older IS250 Fsport?

Ta

Just read the following on the IS250 Fsport page on the Lexus site, "With steering and suspension engineered for extra responsiveness"

What on earth does that mean, as the specifications are the same across the IS250 range for the suspension?

I cant answer that but you would imagine the suspension is different, i should hope so.

for instance the Subary Legacy 3.0R has bilstein struts i think, rather than run of the mill suspension.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links