Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Want To Buy Rx400H Some Say It's Not That Smooth ?

I read some user reviews and some says that they can feel hard when engine stop working or switch on when driving... also braking not very smooth there is some shift from regenerative braking to disc braking.

Is that true? How it's comparing to GS450h 2006? With GS450H everything was very smooth braking as well I could only see in screen that engine turning on or off but almost could not feel it. Only when standing then if engine started to run I could feel little bit how it started.

How is comfort how it feels over bumps GS450H was too hard... Is there some problems with plastic dash does it make some stupid noises or is it quit? GS450H made some weird noises all times from dash :( especially when cold

2 things drive me crazy some stupid sounds from dash and hard driving that's why i sold GS450H

What are typical problems with RX400H? I read some coolant leaks what happens in that case car stops completely or it runs some time then?

The 400h is super smooth and I've never had a problem going over bumps. Never heard about any coolant leaks either.

Great so you don't feel how engine turns on when accelerating or turn off when braking? That's how it was with GS, how is dashboard is it quit and solid?

The 400h is super smooth and I've never had a problem going over bumps. Never heard about any coolant leaks either.

Great so you don't feel how engine turns on when accelerating or turn off when braking? That's how it was with GS, how is dashboard is it quit and solid?

Search 'RX400h rattle' and you will see that plenty of RX owners have had problems with dash rattles.

Mine has developed an annoying squeaking sound by the passenger glove box in the cold weather. There is also a common rattle from where the windscreen meets the dash.

I read some coolant leaks what happens in that case car stops completely or it runs some time then?

You might be confusing this with rain water leaks into the trunk area which can lead to electrical problems causing some weird breakdowns.

There was a dealer fix for body seams to be sealed to cure this, but it appears some people found it was the seals around the rear lamp clusters that let water in.

I have NEVER heard of any coolant leaks that are a common problem, usually drivetrain on these is pretty bullet proof.

You will feel the engine start and stop when the vehicle is stationary. For instance, if you're in a car park keeping warm, the car will shudder slightly as the engine starts or stops. But in normal driving you will feel almost no difference between electricity and petrol.

You will feel the engine start and stop when the vehicle is stationary. For instance, if you're in a car park keeping warm, the car will shudder slightly as the engine starts or stops. But in normal driving you will feel almost no difference between electricity and petrol.

This seems worse on older vehicles, certainly noticed it more on my 400h as it got older - I'm guessing the engine mounts start to loosen up.

ok it should be so, in GS if it was staying then also I could feel little bit how engine start but in driving almost no then it's similar like RX.

That review is correct about the braking - you can find yourself kangarooing to a stop as the regenerative stuff kicks on and off.

Bit weird feeling and a tad annoying sometimes but it's the price we pay for having a hi-tech system. Minor issue IMO compensated for by the great bits of the car.

Firstly Lol at stupid noises from the dash, love it!

I have had my RX for coming up to 6 years now and it is one huge wafty arm chair! Super smooth....

As previous comments state when stationary you feel the engine kick in as the car wobbles a little on the spot!

Drivers side arm rest squeaks when I rest my arm on it, the dealer swapped it out saying and I quote "Lexus should not squeak sir", it cured it for a while now it's back and I am out of anti squeak warranty.

There is a knocking/rattle that intermittently appears from just behind the dash, had loads of people look at it and it's impossible to find, but that could just be mine.

My roller blind over the boot can sometimes make a squeaky noise.

The left seatbelt unless positioned precisely seems to rattle against the door pillar.

Despite all these minor annoyances it's still a cracking car! Not felt the need to change it and am close to 80k miles now!

Enjoy

Sent from my Iphone using Lexus OC

• 1 month later...

ok so now I bought 2005 lexus rx 400H

overall first impressions are good I like car much better as GS450H

1. There is no noises and rattles from dash

2. Much more comfortable

3. Braking is smooth and did not noticed any shifts from regenerative braking to normal.

4. I can't feel much how engine switching on sometimes feel little bit but it's same like with GS

5. Fuel economy and how hybrid works...

It's much better as GS450H

first maybe because RX has 2 generators when charging Battery, so Battery seems charging faster,

it's much more easy to drive electric mode only with GS I had to be extremely careful with accelerator pedal to get it in electric mode, when Battery get to 2 purple bars GS engine started to work all time except when release accelerator in RX that's not a case it can drive only electric also with 2 purple bars, eventually of course engine kicks in if driving too much electric,

so what it translates to real numbers:

in city with warmed up engine ~5mile distance I got 40mpg in the middle was even little bit traffic jam... so average city driving

of course I tried my max to get this number pulse driving then when possible drive only electric mode get to 30mph then release accelerator then lightly push to drive only electric etc.

Then the best fuel economy was 8 mile distance with 56MPG also have to note that Battery was charged to 6bars from highway driving and when stopped it was 3 bars. With GS it would be almost impossible to get these numbers....

When push hard it goes hard as well so performance is also good...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links