Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Ct200H Reliability - 100K+ Mile Club

bhatsunil

Hi

How does the CT200h perform on reliability and cost of ownership after 100k miles? Is there any ct200h owner who has done over 100k miles here? What are the parts that may need replacement around 100K mark (apart from regular service & hybrid coolant)?

My ct200h has had replacement for tyres, brake pads & discs, wipers already at 73K. I do 20K miles per year. So, it a sensible idea sell it around the 95+K mark? or is it worth continuing further?

Also, do we have any lexuscare essential service plans for ct200h? I can not see any plans online for Ct200h. So, I thought I will ask the owners themselves

Thanks,

Sunil

I guess there must be some CT200s and Auris hybrids over 100k miles but they aren't that old so number are limited. Still there are generation 3 Prius' out there with over 100k miles which share the same drivetrain - they are all fine, just standard servicing parts needed plus the odd oxygen sensor etc.

There is no reason to suggest there won't be essentials servicing offered for the CT, but by definition the vehicle has to be over 5 years old to qualify and even the oldest CTs are early 2011 registrations, hence no mention as yet on the Lexus website.

Hi mate, I buy and sell cars at auction. I see lots of CT200h come in with over 100k miles, most 120k etc. All the cars have AA 200 point test, includes all mechanical parts. The CT's have no problems with them which suprises me. They are really reliable. When you see same year VW's or BMW's, they always have problems.

Hi mate, I buy and sell cars at auction. I see lots of CT200h come in with over 100k miles, most 120k etc. All the cars have AA 200 point test, includes all mechanical parts. The CT's have no problems with them which suprises me. They are really reliable. When you see same year VW's or BMW's, they always have problems.

This confirms my own somewhat more limited experience. These hybrids seem to go wrong by exception. I guess that they have to be more engineered than the older designs of vehicles because there are a multitude of Clarkson-like characters waiting to pounce upon the slightest weakness in reliability.

Not sure why people hate hybrids, only becuase they are slow etc. Im 16, not a raceboy or anything but I really like the CT, looks slick and modern. Alot of people I talk to say they are rubbish but all these car reviewers are brought by Germans and pay them to talk crap about Toyota's and Lexus's and do all the big talk with the crappy Germans. Germans most unreliable car I have known, worse than Frenchs (not bad, had a Reno in the family which did 120k miles on a 1.6 petrol with only needed bearings changed). Ive had 13 Volkswagen Golfs, every single one had faults which kept comming, 1 of which we kept for 3 years but still, garbage.

• 4 years later...

Had a Toyota Auris hybrid 2011 same engine as a Lexus ct200. Done 190k before selling it bought it on 90k. Main things to look out for is water pump will pack in on roughly 150k. Symptoms are car will overheat now and again best off replacing it ASAP if left too long it will effect the Battery. Exhaust middle pipe clip will need replacing not a big job can get it gas welded. Wheel bearings tend to go faulty. And depending on how often you drive hybrid batteries will need replacing mine went on 185k.

I had a Prius from new, and sold it to a family member after 8 years, and 145,000 miles.
In all that time the only items replaced "other than normal service items" were. Rear shocks under guarantee at 40,000 miles one was leaking, but they changed both, and at 90,000 miles a FNS wheel bearing due to pothole damage.
The car I am informed is still running great at near 200,000 miles on the OEM brake pads,and disks. The hybrid Battery is still under guarantee by way of the hybrid health check, and should be for another 3 years.
The CT is a Prius with a different body.

John.

I understand there is a CT in the States that has clocked up 400k. Worth taking  a look at the US LOC, very interesting posts.

I have had a CT for nearly 3 years ( replaced an IS200 I had for 12 years) and to date it has been faultless, touch wood, with excellent mpg averaging between 52 and 57 depending on journey length.  

Edited by Charlie Alder
Typos

My 2011 is on 103K and nothing has gone wrong. It’s passed every MOT with no advisories. Serviced every year at Lexus. I’ve only replaced the Goodyear tyres on it at 94K(they were the originals) because they were hard and noisy and a pair of wiper blades at 102K because they were smeary.

It’s still on its original brakes/discs. Apparently I was told in October on its annual service that they’re only about 50% worn [emoji15]

On its hybrid Battery check at the same time they said it’s still perfectly healthy.

Good old CT quality car [emoji4]

Sent from my Iphone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Current 2012 CT is nearly 180K miles, bought at 145k miles two years ago and just had a recent service.

One issue that I've had for a while was half resolved. Basically, AC wasn't working, they found a leak, and an electrical issue. Leak is sorted no hassle, electrical issue to be investigated next time I have the time to come in. Everything else was fine. Rear brakes were around 30% half a year ago, and was told that they were at around 30% again on my last service a few weeks ago. Roughly 51mpg average fuel consumption, which includes quite a lot of city driving(Dublin). No noticeable oil consumption.

Had an issue with the heater fan which was I resolved with £20 thanks to this very forum.

Hi All

Good to see Karl is on 180K as I am on 165K now. I have had brakes and discs at the front although I think there was more on the discs from what he said, but had them replaced anyways. My Local garage guy did those for about £165 fitted. Lexus wanted about £270. The infamous heat shield has had a bigger nut put in to stop the rattling too. 

I had the U or J Bolt on the steering fixed as it was knocking at around 130K and recently the pistons replaced under warranty as I do have some oil consumption. About a couple of litre in between services it was needing and I could have lived with it, but Lexus agreed to do the fix as I had the warranty in place. Chester Lexus did the work and  it is running really well and everything works and I'm getting the 50+ to a gallon , more in summer in we all know.

The car is incredibly reliable and I would recommend to anyone to buy a high miler. I do 18k a year for work so I cover all types of roads and so on.

So to Bhatsunil.. I would keep your CT as like me. you do a lot of miles and the car is clearly capable of  it.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links