Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Starting To Look Into Is-F Ownership

I think it's more about the practicality with the USB cars, as the majority came with the white leather interior.

Given the fact I have kids, that would be a deal breaker for me.

Strange that the majority of the examples for sale are USB with white interiors, given there rarity.

And in fairness, we've all seen you drive Andy! ;) hooligan!!

Almost as much as Stu when he drives through red traffic lights! Lol. :whistling:

Red means 'go' doesn't it!??

I think it's more about the practicality with the USB cars, as the majority came with the white leather interior.

Strange that the majority of the examples for sale are USB with white interiors, given there rarity.

Almost as much as Stu when he drives through red traffic lights! Lol. :whistling:

Red means 'go' doesn't it!??

It does for you Stuart.

• Like 1

That's why I like my USB with black leather.....no way I could keep white clean with even just 1 kid.

Anyway..horses for courses I personally think the USB is the best colour. Seems like Lexus like it still as well..

10410618_952234868127522_221936216581164

Where does the less than a dozen USB ones come from?

There are 6 for sale on AT 1 being prepped for sale at Lexus (That I know of) and a couple of users on here that are not for sale. That's 9 counted for already!

Hello all

Been lurking for a while.

Similar to the OP I'm looking to change to an ISF, moving from a v10 m5 touring.

Have been away on business and spied a Mesa red car 12 plate at an independent dealer in Sheffield whilst I was away, and was going to contact them this week on my return, it now seems they could sell it and it's now with lexus in Sheffield advertised for £2k more.

I understand that they will stick an official warranty on it, but a lift of £2k on the previous price - is this not a bit rich?

Is the car known to the forum? What should I be careful with when I'm looking ?

Thanks in advance

Tim

Hi Tim.

I guess supply and demand will have an impact on pricing. With red being one of the rarer colours, it makes sense the stealership will try and get top money for a facelift model.

I'd want to know more about the car though. What's the current mileage? Has it been serviced annually or every 10K miles? How many previous keepers?

There really isn't much to worry about with these great cars. Early cars had the potential for leaking water pumps, but being a 2012, that shouldn't worry you.

Brakes and tires are relatively expensive. You can source them outside Lexus though. I'd haggle if it needs anything replacing.

You can always make them an offer at the end of the day. If they need the sale, they may accept an offer for the original price you saw at the Indy?

A full service history is a must in my view. Mine had one missed service. It had only done 3k miles in 2yrs though, so not a disaster.

Let us know how you get on chap. :)

Cheers.

Peter

Thanks guys for all the replies! I am going to be trying to find the one with the exact specifications that I want when I can (really would love the sunroof!), but need to arrange driving one soon to see if I will really love it.

However, I need to arrange selling my S4 as well as my Jensen Interceptor (which I am currently doing a bare metal restoration of), so will be nearer the end of this year I reckon.

Couple of quick ones :)

The S4 is pretty hard on running costs, but has half the annual road tax. Tyres are probably cheaper too as they are 235/40/18 on all four corners. Fuel is about the same, as I average about 23mpg round town and about 28-30mpg on a calm long road trip. The problem for the S4 is parts are quite a bit more expensive, and doing fairly basic general work is alot harder. Wheel bearings are a nightmare, suspension is very difficult (they use a pinch pin on the fronts which is made of mild steel in an aluminium upright which corrodes into place) to work on too. Overall, the running costs will probably be fairly similar if not less as the Lexus is a lot easier to work on / maintain. And it has more power! :D

post-43048-0-33172600-1425512698_thumb.j

post-43048-0-41228300-1425512700_thumb.j

• Like 1

cheers dude, interesting.

I am put off German cars due to most large ones having turbos and Quattos having problems of their own. In terms of Japanese I was eying up the 3.0 Subaru Legacy R. GT-R is out of my wallet, EVO is too much of a police stopper. That leaves the IS-F, I do like its sleeper and un assuming posture. Its a car I could potentially see myself driving.

Wow! Thanks for the pics love the Interceptor. As the cars get older the ISF will get cheaper to run as it just doesn't go wrong. Never known wheel bearings or suspension issues on an ISF,

I was thinking of moving on from the IS-F about now so you could have had mine; but I have fallen in love with it all over again. Its amazing what a service, an interior muck-out, and a proper wash / clay bar / armourshielding does for the ownership experience. So I've extended the warranty to March 2017.

If you still haven't found what you want by the autumn and if I'm finally ready to move on after 5 years, you could do worse than take over my cherished beast.

Just looked at the ad for the 15 plate car.

Only done 1,000 miles, and it's white with red leather interior. :)

Sounds very nice!

Probably a sound investment if you had the cash to spare.

Must be the only 15 plate in the Country?

Red leather??? did they ever do that? I'm thinking this isn't an IS-F at all.

EDIT: It isn't, just checked the DVLA, its a IS300h f-sport.

Hi Mark.

Yes, red leather was an option on the later models.

See a few in the US for sale from time to time.

Must admit the Nebula Grey with red leather looks stunning! :)

No pictures on the ad yet (I looked on the Lexus site), but it's entirely possible.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links