Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

"lumpy" Idle And Slight Power Loss, Any Ideas Chap?

Sco77is220d

Hi guys, ever since I bought the car approx. 16 months ago, I thought it lacked power. (I could do with testing a similar one to see.) Mine is a 07 SE-L with 79k.

Anyway, about a month ago, it started to have loses of power for the odd split second here and there, normally about the 30-35mph speed. I put this down to the fact it was due its service.

I had it serviced a couple of weeks ago, EGR cleaned, fuel filter change etc etc, and it seems to be getting worse.

Now when the engine it warm, the idle it what I would call "lumpy", I cant see a change in revs, but just feels like something is wrong, and it could cut out at any time, and it struggles to pick up spend to overtake when I put my foot down.

I kept it at a steady 3000rpm for 20-25 mins on 2 journeys yesterday, but its made no difference.

Every now and then, I get a small white smoke cloud, but nothing major, as I thought that the DPF was starting its regen. (is there any way of checking how "full" the DPF actually is?

Could it be that the DPF is choked, or maybe something more sinister?

I have used Wynns DPF cleaner in the past, and was quite impressed, my MPG increased by a couple, but ive not used it now for over 6 months.

thanks in advance

Scott

It could be blocked injectors or leaky injector seals,Normally a sign of injector problems when a warm engine hesitates and struggles to maintain a slow constant speed. The problem is maybe getting worse due to blockage or leak getting worse??

It could be blocked injectors or leaky injector seals,Normally a sign of injector problems when a warm engine hesitates and struggles to maintain a slow constant speed. The problem is maybe getting worse due to blockage or leak getting worse??

Thanks Steve, so some BG244 should help this issue then right? Just ordered some, so fingers crossed..

Yes the BG244 should do the trick,i use it once every 6 months or so just to keep things clean,i also use archoil 6200 aditive in my fuel which seems very good ,maybe worth trying that as well once you have ran the BG244 through it?

Forgot to mention my car had the problem that you seem to have when i first got it,i did a full service and used the BG244 for a tank full and it cured it.touch wood its been fine ever since

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links