Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

How Bad Is Is250 Fuel Economy?

Mine has averaged 28 MPG (UK) over the last 3 years,

you can see in the attached image the first year or so was mainly city driving where it can be quite thirsty however on the motorway it is in its element. 

IMG_5603.jpg

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/26/2015 at 10:48 PM, jasear said:

Thanks Steve, that is good to hear. I just read some reviews from some people claiming it was very heavy on petrol but 29 mpg in local mileage is pretty damn good!

I get 31mpg in mixed driving, if it helps I used to own a 420i auto and that got 28mpg so it is very close like for like 🙂

30mpg seems to be the average. All its power is so high up the revs you are unlikely going to search for it. Ive had similar or worse out of smaller and lesser so called efficient petrol engines. For a smooth and quiet V6 trust me, this is good. Stretch its legs calmly on a motorway and its 40+ all day long. 

• 1 year later...
On 2/27/2015 at 9:48 PM, Exdee said:

I get 23-25 MPG on mine in Winters as I do a lot of short trips and drive on congested roads.

I also have a BMW 335i (3.0 litre) and get the same mileage from it so looking at it from that perspective, the Lexus is a bit thirsty.

The servicing is also more expensive in comparison to the BMW. The back seats are cramped, probably has the same amount of leg room as the BMW which is a coupe.

The Lexus however is still my preferred car of the two for reasons which have already been mentioned here.

The lexus is more to service, but nowhere near as prone to issues. I'm guessing that little servicing price bump doesn't offset the parts when they go wrong.

• 4 months later...

18 minutes ago, Mr Vlad said:

Blimey yours really is broken lol. However you are a naughty boy taking a photo whilst driving.

I didn't take the photos, it would be illegal and inappropriate to do that. 

• Haha 1

On 3/4/2015 at 10:37 PM, PilgrimIS said:

19-22 mpg here on the lovely Isle of Wight! I do have a heavy right foot and it's a tad modified... But it still makes me grimace! Lol

me too very similar

• Like 1

I have had 3 series and I now have an IS250. And the 3 series was really thirsty. It was terrible compared to the IS. The is is a much better car. The IS is not particularly fast. More of a nice cruiser. But a better drive. 

On 12/6/2021 at 11:23 PM, BeepBeep said:

The lexus is more to service, but nowhere near as prone to issues. I'm guessing that little servicing price bump doesn't offset the parts when they go wrong.

I dont think the lexus is more to service. I think they are a out the same price

...just returned from a few hundred miles around the Cotswolds (mixed roads) returning an average of 39 mpg which is bloody impressive for the luxurious drive and lovely V6 motor...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links