Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Used And Ex Demos

There are quite a few used and ex demo NX's for sale on the Lexus Used website, and most of those cars have been hanging around for weeks, or even months. Is it that people don't really like them, or perhaps the prices being asked are so close to the original RRP that customers would rather wait a few months to get a new car? Asking over £39k for a six month old car that's done a few thousand miles does seem a bit optimistic/greedy, when a new one is only a few hundred pounds more.

There are quite a few used and ex demo NX's for sale on the Lexus Used website, and most of those cars have been hanging around for weeks, or even months. Is it that people don't really like them, or perhaps the prices being asked are so close to the original RRP that customers would rather wait a few months to get a new car? Asking over £39k for a six month old car that's done a few thousand miles does seem a bit optimistic/greedy, when a new one is only a few hundred pounds more.

Exactly that my friend - the cheaper ones which are £36-37k are getting sold. £39k for an NX300H that has 1 owner on the books is too much

Yes I agree. Some of these dealers have them up for more than the cost of a new one. With considerable waiting times for a new NX, and people not prepared to pay silly prices for secondhand models, that's probably why I haven't seen another one on the road yet.

There used to be 2 ISF's in my road, but I sold mine a couple of years ago. The other one got written off when the owner lost the back end and slammed into a wall. Quite easy to do in that car if you can't handle the power, particularly on wet roads. Also quite a few ISF's around my town, but this is Essex, and there are a lot of boy racers with plenty of cash.

True, but I suppose it depends on whether the NX becomes the desirable vehicle to be seen in, much as the Evoque has been. I was interested in an Evoque, and may well have gone for one if it wasn't for the poor reliability reports, and the ridiculous prices dealers ask for even 2-3 year old cars with average mileage. I see the NX as being in the same class as the Evoque, with similar cutting edge "love it or hate it" looks, but with much better build quality. If that's the case, and it becomes a "fashion statement", perhaps prices will hold up well. Who knows. I intend to keep my NX for several years, so residuals aren't so important to me.

True, but I suppose it depends on whether the NX becomes the desirable vehicle to be seen in, much as the Evoque has been. I was interested in an Evoque, and may well have gone for one if it wasn't for the poor reliability reports, and the ridiculous prices dealers ask for even 2-3 year old cars with average mileage. I see the NX as being in the same class as the Evoque, with similar cutting edge "love it or hate it" looks, but with much better build quality. If that's the case, and it becomes a "fashion statement", perhaps prices will hold up well. Who knows. I intend to keep my NX for several years, so residuals aren't so important to me.

I dont think it can match the desirability of the Evoque. I dont believe Lexus is very good at marketing to be honest, in the UK anyway. In the US the NX is in fact more desirable than the Evoque and maybe that's the market they were aiming for?

The looks were what attracted me to the Evoque, but having driven both diesel and petrol versions, I was not terribly impressed. The final nail in the coffin was the sheer number of owner complaints, all of which sounded ominously similar to the issues I had experienced with my Jaguar XF's. Not surprising I suppose when they share so much of the same technology and components. You are right about Lexus not being good at marketing. The lack of a sensible options list for lower spec models of the NX proves that.

As i have said before i am a Land rover fan and have got a Freelander which we have had from new and still really enjoy having,we had a Evoque for a couple of days and although my better half really wanted to love it she still much preferred the Freelander,then we were going to get the new Discovery sport,but that is basically a seven seater Evoque believe me i see them next to each other every day.So the Nx was brand new and different with the great Lexus quality behind it so we went for it and it is a great car in so many ways,but not so good in others and if i am honest i would probably not have another one.

I would consider another NX, but only if they introduce a sensible options list, with items available to order across the model range. The other requirement would be more engine choices that offer better performance and fuel economy.

I would consider another NX, but only if they introduce a sensible options list, with items available to order across the model range. The other requirement would be more engine choices that offer better performance and fuel economy.

I agree. I was considering the NX200T ever since it was shown. I looked at the options list and voila - no HUD, memory seats, 360 degree camera (although I could live without this) and the Mark Levinson (which I really like in the Premier)! I also believe I was single-handedly responsible for sending Lexus mass emails using various different names asking for the Panoramic sunroof option in the UK too! :P

Im not committed to buy as the NX doesn't fulfill my need to have the same spec as the RX does atm.

Yes,, bizarre launching the 200T in FSport guise only, along with the same options limitations. I think the panoramic glass roof is available as £1000 option (far too expensive for a fixed piece of glass), but none the other items you mention. Actually, the 8 speaker Pioneer system that comes with the Premium Nav upgrade sounds extremely good, and I wouldn't pay to upgrade to the ML even if it was available.

Yes,, bizarre launching the 200T in FSport guise only, along with the same options limitations. I think the panoramic glass roof is available as £1000 option (far too expensive for a fixed piece of glass), but none the other items you mention. Actually, the 8 speaker Pioneer system that comes with the Premium Nav upgrade sounds extremely good, and I wouldn't pay to upgrade to the ML even if it was available.

I like the surround sound though, that's why Id opt for the ML. Also, because I have it in the RX, going back to standard would make me regret it. Hmm yeah £1k is slightly high for a glass roof. Should be about £750 I think.

The Pioneer system has surround too. Lexus have made a point of saying that the ML system in the NX features new technology which improves the quality of MP3 music files, although apparently the Pioneer system has similar, but not identical technology. Not sure how that works, or if it even does.

Bumped not my dealer today and he said the NX was flying off the shelves and they were taking orders for June/July delivery. No discounts and their demo was sold with 4k on the clock for just £600 off list price. Great deals on the outgoing RX and not impressed with Clarkson.

Sent from my iPad using Lexus OC