Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Power Tail Gate Wont Open

hi i have a 2006 RX 350Se the boot wont open or close on any of the buttons. I have checked the button in the Glove compartment and this is in. I have obtained a different motor and put that on but still nothing. No sound from anything.

Is there some where else i need to check. ?

Is there s seperate fuse for the tail gate and where is it. .

I cant see any referral to it in the owners hand book.

Is there a relay?

The boot opens manually ok with no issues but there are no sounds from any of the switches.

Any help would be good.

Thank you in advance.

hi i have a 2006 RX 350Se the boot wont open or close on any of the buttons. I have checked the button in the Glove compartment and this is in. I have obtained a different motor and put that on but still nothing. No sound from anything.

Is there some where else i need to check. ?

Is there s seperate fuse for the tail gate and where is it. .

I cant see any referral to it in the owners hand book.

Is there a relay?

The boot opens manually ok with no issues but there are no sounds from any of the switches.

Any help would be good.

Thank you in advance.

You have pressed AND HELD the button for 2.5 seconds to activate the power tailgate haven't you? A short press (like unlocking the doors wont do it - has to be a long press)

Hi yes i have it wont operate on any of the buttons inside the car, on the tail gate on on the fob no matter how long i hold it for.

I cant find which of the fuses works the tailgate or whete they are.

Excellent info POD.

I checked all the fuses and all are ok. how ever the boot won't open .i did try it lifted approx three inches and then closed. From reading the forum this one points to the tail gate struts. So my next course is to order some new struts unless somebody can guide me differently. Thank you for all the info so far.

Regards

• Like 1

First thing I'd do would be remove the fancy bits around the motor that operates the tailgate and check to see if there's any voltage across it's input. I've never actually even looked at the tailgate though, does it have struts? I think mine just has a hidden motor that pushes/pulls the door.

Yes it has one gas strut either side and some post suggest that when they are US the motor thinks it has an obstruction because the gas struts are not lifting the door. The motor is on the left side looking in from the rear at the top of the tailgate. The motor is in the headlining. I have changed the motor..

Replacement struts can be obtained on amazon.

I will give them a try.

Hi I have checked that site but they only list the LS400.

I need the part numbers and they will see if another will match.

Thanks for all your help

I know this is a bit obvious, but while cleaning the pollen filter on my one I found the power tail gate on/off switch in the glove box area ( a bit of the hand book not read yet) could this have been switched off by accident?

thanks for your contribution. This was one of the first checks I did before changing the motor. I wish it would have been as simple as that. I have read that some people were not aware of the master switch in the glove box so it will be a reminder for anybody new looking in with the same problem.

Going on holiday next week so will order new struts on my return.

Thanks for you contribution.

• 2 months later...

Occasionally the tailgate button at the back, under the large rubber grommet doesn't work for me... it feels pressed IN.

Hours later it 'comes back out'.

Q. Does the rubber grommet come off - is it worth looking behind it?

• 2 years later...
  • 2 years later...

My lexus 450 f sport, won't lock?? It starts to initiate the mirrors folding and then stops and re opens. Any help would be much appreciated..🙏

• 6 months later...
On 3/7/2015 at 11:47 AM, Barry7 said:

I know this is a bit obvious, but while cleaning the pollen filter on my one I found the power tail gate on/off switch in the glove box area ( a bit of the hand book not read yet) could this have been switched off by accident?

Thx!! little switch at 10 a.m. at frontal rim of the glove bos.. on /off and the clear symbol trunk.. Thx!

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys, hope you don't mind me jumping in here with a question related. I have a RX300 in great nick but just recently the tailgate wants to open but doesn't quite make it. Has all the buzzing and clicking but won't open. If I clear it with the catch the tail gate rises ok, its like feels and sounds like it catching somewhere. Any idea's welcome.

Stay safe

• 1 month later...

My tail gate isn't working... If I press the button.. It will beep beep and won't open.. I have checked the master switch it's not Active but my boot won't open automatically or manually