Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi guys,

Said goodbye to the 220d Saturday and bought a 450h today! no photos yet as just driven 200 miles from Manchester and she's filthy. But most impressed, a couple of small things to sort but Im hoping lots of happy motoring ahead, and maybe a few questions.

Its a 2008 facelift with 35,000 on the clock. On my 200 miles journey of 75-80 most of the way averaged 36 to the gallon so very happy.

Smooth. quiet power.

Thanks for all the help.

Hi, that's quite a big step up in power from the is220. I also had an is220 a little while back.

Sure you will enjoy the gs450h. I bought mine about 2 months ago and have no regrets yet.

I have had a few little niggles like squeaks in the dash and had the heater climate control play up but all covered by my warranty so not too fussed.

Have fun and let us know how you find the car once you have had more time to drive it in all conditions.

Carl

Hi and welcome, you made a great choice

I've been a 450h owner just two weeks longer than yourself, and if Manchester hadn't been so far away then the car you bought would have been on my list.

Enjoy the car , and hope the few niggles are sorted soon. The Dealer I bought from is (albeit reluctantly) fitting a new rear brake caliper for me next week. Sale of Goods Act is wonderful thing!

Mike

Well I do like my cars to be nice so the niggles are small, biggest really being that it only came with one key! how people lose them I dont know.

Other than that it just needs a good bodywork going over as it had been at the dealers a long time and they hadnt done much with it over that period. Mechanically seems peachy except for fuel pipe recall which I have booked in.

Cosmetic things can be dealt with, just wanted to make sure the car was sound.

Oh and how on earth does someone break off 3 Air vent knobs! i'll never know..

Cheers for the replies

"Oh and how on earth does someone break off 3 Air vent knobs! i'll never know.."

claytow, latest research shows that the biggest enemy of air vent knobs is stiletto heels.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi wayne

I am in Guernsey and have just bought a rx450h and I am very pleased with it, can you tell me if you have upgraded the sat nav as I asked the garage where I got the car from and they said it would cost me £180 do joy know if I can do it myself

Thanks

4618wayne

Hello All,

I am new member so please forgive me for any etiquette issues. I've just bought my first 450h, so far so good, except when I filled the tank, the mileage show 413 miles, but noticed it only did about 310 miles despite my very careful driving around town? Any thoughts on this?