Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Rx400H Cross Country Fuel Economy

Morning everyone

Can some of the 400h owners who live in rural areas please give me an idea of typical MPG from mainly using smaller country roads?

I will add I like to "press on" when the conditions allow, and do not have the lightest of right feet.

Thanks chaps.

I have neither - and I would say ~26 in winter and ~29 in summer. I am driving in London, but I don't get stuck in traffic too often as I work outside the city - so I would imagine it is similar to country roads.

I once drove from Norwich to Milton Keynes cross country in our 400h using mainly B and unclassified roads and achieved an indicated 44.5 MPG. Mind you that was driving as economically as possible and certainly not pressing on. It also took rather a long time!

30 to 35 MPG is probably reasonably achievable if your journeys are not too short.

JBP

I live "in the sticks" and I like to "press on". The trip computer is typically showing 29mpg on A and B roads all year (I never switch the air-con off).

I live in the country and commute 20 miles each way across winding roads and a bit of dual carriageway, followed by a crawl into town for the last 3 miles or so. Average 33mpg (2008 RX400h)

Paddy

I live "in the sticks" and I like to "press on". The trip computer is typically showing 29mpg on A and B roads all year (I never switch the air-con off).

Same. 29mpg, enjoying the performance and with aircon switched on all the time. A little less in winter as it takes longer for the car to warm up and you rely on the gadgets, but providing your drive is long enough, it averages out.

31- 33 in the summer and 27-29 in the winter. I'm thinking that changing all my tyres recently has seriously affected mpg. Possible drag effect because of deeper grooving on the treads? Don't know.

Just a quirky thought, dont the aircon run off the hybrid Battery system so it should not effect the mpg as it normally would in a " normal car " ?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links