Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Resetting Ecu - Is200

Mr-Lex

Previous related thread

Right, I'm gonna reset the ECU tomorrow...just to double check...do I reset the ECU first and then fill it up with Optimax or is it the other way round :blush::question:

Second and most importantly what happends if and when I mix petrol with Optimax and Unleaded :question: Looking at it obviously, theres not always Shell station everywhere :question: Any damage/problems if I do that, etc :question::question::question:

And any other good tips/points :blush: :winky:

Thanks in advance :D

There is no problem mixing Optimax with unleaded, you just won't get the full benefit.

I would wait until the tank is empty, fill up with optimax, use half the tank and then reset the ECU. You need to car to be using the optimax before you reset the ECU.

There is no problem mixing Optimax with unleaded, you just won't get the full benefit.

I would wait until the tank is empty, fill up with optimax, use half the tank and then reset the ECU. You need to car to be using the optimax before you reset the ECU.

Excellent :winky:

Another thing, where are the 20amp EFI and 15amp ECTS fuses located :blush::question: Under the bonnet or the driver or passenger footwell :question: Or even somewhere else that I would have never known :P :blush::question:

Woppee, done the ECU thingy yesterday, used half a tank and then resetted the ECU. Question... :blush: About to go South Wales tonight (from London) and obviosuly will need more petrol to complete the journey. Anyway if I tank up now (optimax) bearing in mind I still have half a tank of it left, will it effect it in anyway's :blush::question: Or do I need to use all the remaining fuel and then tank up to get the maximum benefit :blush: ;) :question:

Sanj, it would be interesting to see what your results are, I have been using optimax since I got my car last year, however I have never got much over 30mpg. A while ago I was doing a lot of motorway commuting and even then on average, bearing in mind I would still do a fair amount of driving round town too, I would get around 27mpg most of the time. Recently I have been doing mainly driving round town, getting down to 24mpg some times. However today I reset the ECU, and in the new year will be going back to motorway commuting everyday, so like yourself I am hoping to see some improvements!

Cheers

Matt

i found that your fuel consumption will go up for at least 1 tank of fuel after resetting the ECU

but after finishing the first or second tank, then u will feel the fuel consumption slowly go down

so thats why you shouldn't reset the ECU too often....

because the benifit only kick in after a few tank of high fuel consumption driving

Results are in.... got 310 miles using optimax and by resetting ECU. Half the tank was motorway (above normal speed :shifty::whistling: ) and the rest town driving. It is a great improvement from the results I got previously. This is my first tank full using optimax by resetting the ECU. I will give it further "tests" before I say I am benefiting from this ;) But gotta say, felt some little more power and obviously got more miles out of it!!!! :D

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links