Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Where To Buy Supercharger Kits..?

You will have to consider a pre-owned kit, as no one makes a supercharger kit for the IS anymore. Expect to pay around £2000+ for a second/third/fourth hand TTE kit, but make sure you get one with EVERYTHING you need, as separate parts are even more hard to come by than a complete kit, which in itself isn't easy to find. Power increase is around 50/60bhp.

• 2 weeks later...

Unfortunately the supercharger kits cost more than the car is worth in most cases

Unless you had an 04,54 or 05 plate model, then the charger kit would be worth less than the car.

Regardless, if the car has been looked after then it shouldn't be a problem.

I stuck one on my 03 plate at 107k and it still runs and turns as it should after almost 20k.

Buy one, you won't regret it!

They're pricey. but not that pricey. Expect to pay £1800-£2k for one. Anyone that pays over that is a bit mental. I doubt very much the eBay one will sell for £2.5k, and the £3,500 IS200 on Gumtree is dreaming if he thinks it's going to sell for that (or very lucky if it does!) On paper it works, as he's thinking the car's worth £1500 and the charger kit is worth £2k, but in reality they don't sell for that combined. He'd be better off removing it, selling the car as is and the charger separately. There was a kit on eBay recently for £1850, and looks like it didn't sell...