Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Gen3 Glasscoat

Hiltonkev

I've just had my new CT200h delivered last week, and had it Glasscoated prior to delivery.

A mate also had a CT200h delivered on 1st March, and we were comparing the cars, and the difference in the finish between his, and mine.

Mine is TONS smoother!

I've had Gen-3 Glasscoat on my previous cars - volvo, audi, VW and without exception when I've come to sell them privately every single buyer has said how fantastic the paintwork looked. And I kept them for 2-3 years each, and washed them not very often.

The difference between all these paint protection products (and there are loads out there) is that the Gen-3 stuff is not a polymer or wax based product, so it won't wash off, no matter what I do to it. Also it doesn't need to be topped up or anything, and I can put it through the carwash (cos I'm too lazy to do it myself!)

Anyway, the upshot is that I think its great stuff and would recommend it to anyone!

post-52632-0-47815900-1425914121_thumb.j

I agree. I had my RX400h glasscoated also. Makes cleaning a lot easier too.

I have found that you can use car washes with no adverse effect (the coating protects well from minor scratches), and also that you do not need to go for the more expensive washes.

Another fan of the Gen3 Glasscoat here; this is really good stuff.

But speaking from experience, if you are considering on getting it applied to anything other than a brand new car, please go to an independent detailer and not a Lexus dealer. I find that Lexus dealers don't do a good job in removing swirl marks prior to applying the Glasscoat.

Not all independent detailers are able to apply Glasscoat though, only those who have been certified to. Google is your friend :)

How much? Did you DIY or was it carried out by dealer?

I had mine done by the dealer, its not something that you can apply yourself. Its really controlled by the company. I think that mine was about £300, which might seem a lot, but without exception I get that back when I come to sell the car because it looks so good.

Some Lexus dealers offer a product called Superguard, which has been around for years, and you can buy yourself for about a fiver on eBay, but as its a wax based product it comes off within about 3 months and has to be done again. A real waste of hard earned money, which is why I always go for the Gen-3 Glasscoat.

• 2 weeks later...

I got my car done by Lexus when I bought it. However, they brought someone in to apply the coating. As mentionned above, if you are going to an independent, make sure they are certified. A couple of years ago, I had a front wing replaced after an argument with a lorry. The repairer, as appointed by my insurance, made a pigs ear in applying the coating and the car had to go back 3 times to the workshop.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links