Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

fuel gauge problem

hi have anyone here had any problem with their is200 fuel gauge?

last night i was filling up my tank, and i filled to the max..... actually it was so full that the petrol was spilling out.

anyway... and after i paid and i start the car, the fuel gauge show the tank is not full, the needle is pointing to half way between full and 3/4 full.

what should i do? do u think is the fuel tank filter thats the problem or the gauge sensor in the fuel tank is not working?

i used to have that problem on a other is200 i had,it would sometimes stick if the tank was almost empty,so when you filled up it would not move...................untill after a few miles driving..........if it dont sort its self out in a few days let me know

mat

I've seen some cars where there has been a problem with the circuit board for the guage and clocks

Could be the same problem (Go get it checked) you might need the thing changing

I've had that problem since the day I picked up my car. Driving home on the first day I filled up with Petrol and it stayed on empty! It seems intermittent, but always corrects itself after a few miles (which could be the next day) I've got used to it now.

I have had various parts replaced (the dealer always said no other IS200 in the country had this problem), and the last the dealer came back to me, about a year ago, was that the dash display would have to be changed, and that would reset the mileage which I wasn't happy with. Is there another solution?

• 2 weeks later...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links