Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is300H 0-60, 50-70Mph Performance On Video.

6 hours ago, Gerr28 said:

I don't mind if a car quicker than mine. Just learn to drive it, not to annoy people on the road.
Lexus is a Luxury-Sport car or not sport, just let's say, Sporty in general. Capable of better performance than the avg, which is totally enough when you're doing some takeover.
If you want to do some race etc, then yup, go for AMG or whatever. 
I had the opportunity to drive and sit in a BMW and Audi, but it's not my "style". I would never change the "Lexus-feeling" for them. Of course, I'm always looking for the better performance, because if I have to push the gas, I want my car to move. Also, not to mention the consumption, comfort.. They say, the CVT have unusual loud sound, which is annoying. I guess it's depending on your taste. For me it's okay, but when I'm going for a long trip to visit my family, it's priceless with the hybrid while I'm cruising. Going with 80-90 mph, and I can whisper, everybody will hear it, because maximum what I can hear it's the music or the front wind or the tires sound.. 
I also saw/hear, you can't feel the car on the road, or in roundabouts, not sharp as the Audi or BMW. Again, depends on your taste. I enjoy how the car is acting in situations, and it is sharp. 
Previously I had IS250.. That car is also gave this "Lexus-feeling" or joy on the roads which is being the reason why I decided to buy the 300h.

No, I'm not here to praise the Lexus, :) but this is the only brand (so far) where I totally enjoy the driving.

i think you got it spot on... Lexus pitches Luxury first in terms of how the car rides and sounds before out and out performance.. its not like parent company Toyota does not have the know how to build a raw sports sedan.. but that's not the primary philosophy of the Lexus brand.. its nature is to go about its business on the road in a smooth nature with the 3 kept to a minimum i.e Noise Vibration and harshness and i think most compare it with an M sport 3 series BMW and expect it to deliver the same driving feel.. BMW's and Audi's are performance first luxury second and Lexus the other way round. 

Yes they are all categorised as premium/Luxury brands but are built slightly different in terms of philosophy...  to be honest i think Lexus builds premium cars and set it up to the level they know most people will enjoy spending time in up to 90% of the time in terms of Noise, vibration, harshness... the occasional blast and mind blowing handling of a BMW is impressive around corners but how many times does one subject this type of driving to their daily day to day driving to warrant a permanent harsh ride?? Lexus wins in NVH and a drive setup which makes sense for 'real world' daily driving  if you ask me...

• Like 3

20 hours ago, Linas.P said:

SOOOO... yes Lexus is slower than competition if you compare apples to apples and not apples to oranges....

You know am no fan of the power delivery on the IS300H, in particular the throttle lag. Our other car gets to 60 in sub 5 seconds, and my previous car could pull up to 150mph at the same rate as RS6. So am use to some 'quick' cars, but to call the IS 'slow' compared to other small saloons is just silly.

The IS300H was designed to be comfortable motorway muncher, offer reliability and good fuel economy. On all those fronts it does a fab job.

Yes there are quicker cars, but there always is....Unless you go buy a Tesla P100D Model S ;). But for day to day use the IS300H is more than quick enough, and if your after pure driving engagement why would you buy a Lexus in the first place?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ganzoom said:

Yes there are quicker cars, but there always is....Unless you go buy a Tesla P100D Model S ;).

even that gets beaten after a certain speed is reached... there is always a quicker faster car on the road.. but those P100D are insane for take off straight line speed..

15 hours ago, ganzoom said:

You know am no fan of the power delivery on the IS300H, in particular the throttle lag. Our other car gets to 60 in sub 5 seconds, and my previous car could pull up to 150mph at the same rate as RS6. So am use to some 'quick' cars, but to call the IS 'slow' compared to other small saloons is just silly.

One time when I had to across Germany, I went around 195-200 km/h... 
Next to me my GF she was just sleeping. 
Next second, I hear a sound like an airplane, and a blue RS6 just lterally flew away leaving us like standing. (If I have to reckon it was about 320-340..)
My GF just woke up because she was scared about the sound and she shouted on me DON'T DARE TO FOLLOW!
Me: Are you kidding? I'm pushing the pedal till the concrete, how the f..k I should follow this? xDDDDD
Was a funny moment.. 😄 
And yes. there are 2 negatives in the IS300h. the throttle lag, which could be quite annoying and dangerous especially in the country of roundabouts, (Can decrease this lag with "manual" mode.)
And the speed limit due the Hybrid. <--- IMO the 125mph/212kmh  Max is totally enough, but sometimes I'm missing the 240-260 when I'm acrossing Germany.. I guess I can live with this negative effect once / year :) 

On 5/23/2019 at 5:47 PM, ganzoom said:

The IS300H was designed to be comfortable motorway muncher, offer reliability and good fuel economy. On all those fronts it does a fab job.

Yes there are quicker cars, but there always is....Unless you go buy a Tesla P100D Model S ;). But for day to day use the IS300H is more than quick enough, and if your after pure driving engagement why would you buy a Lexus in the first place?

What I have said is that for same price you can get faster car, surely it can be worse in many other aspects, but it will be faster. This automatically makes IS300h slower, in fact one of the slowest entry luxury saloons you can get.

If you want to defend slowness of the car there are other way - I would not argue if you say it is better built then german cars, more reliable, mostly more fuel efficient, more exclusive, perhaps more environmentally frienly. That is fair enough... but to say it is not slow - this is just lying to yourself.

On 5/23/2019 at 1:34 PM, J Henderson said:

Not sure where this £5K difference is coming from... A 318d is a thing and the cheapest 3-series diesel - 318d SE (manual) at £32,455. Meanwhile, the cheapest IS300h is £31,900. Spec an auto box on the BMW and it's £2K more than a Lexus.

320i SE is better comparison IMO. Only £500 difference, plus has petrol engine and automatic gearbox.

That is because you comparing it with new model which has literally just started selling this year (G20) - this is even more apple to oranges. You need to compare it against F30 prices. We need to wait for IS mk4 before we can see how it compares with G20.

On 5/23/2019 at 7:30 AM, Gerr28 said:

Lexus is a Luxury-Sport car or not sport, just let's say, Sporty in general. Capable of better performance than the avg, which is totally enough when you're doing some takeover.

Firstly, this is not how Lexus pitches their car - I just go by what they say "sport saloon with amazing performance".

Secondly, "better performance than average" - please justify. 8.4s is literally the slowest in the segment and solver than most economy cars. SUrelly you can have a badge "Faster than 0.9L Fiesta!", but that is hardly an achievement. 

Finally, I don't want to race anybody, but luxury car should carry some status on the road... being one of slowest cars around not exactly helps with this feeling.

• 2 weeks later...

xDD Clearly no one can share the same opinion and I'm not here to arguing with people, neither to stand for a car which is not the best for everyone. For me it's 8.5/10 probably because my demanding level is not so high to go for race or speeding with everyone and everywhere with the 0-100 (0-62) . I mentioned, If you DO want to race, buy AMG/SLine or whatever. "I don't want to race anybody, but luxury car should carry some status on the road... " So then where are you measuring this 0-100? On the Highway, or Country-roads? :)  As I said, If you want to take over a car on the roads, this car is definitely enough to do that in quick way, not to spend too much time in the front traffic lane. In other hand, to have a nice-cozy long trips, this car is far more better than the others. Also with the consumption level of the Atkinson cycle-engine and the weight of the car, I guess the 8.3 Is a good point for the car, not to forget 54-58 mpg for a petrol... But as I said, nobody can share the same opinion, obvious.
I like the muscle-cars, sometimes I also watching some vids about the 0-100 or even further, which is cool, but to stop at every corner to feed the horses is not for me, neither my bank/acc. 
Just a question: Did you try the IS300H before, and if yes, for how long? 

On 5/24/2019 at 9:00 AM, Gerr28 said:

One time when I had to across Germany, I went around 195-200 km/h... 
Next to me my GF she was just sleeping. 
Next second, I hear a sound like an airplane, and a blue RS6 just lterally flew away leaving us like standing. (If I have to reckon it was about 320-340..)
My GF just woke up because she was scared about the sound and she shouted on me DON'T DARE TO FOLLOW!
Me: Are you kidding? I'm pushing the pedal till the concrete, how the f..k I should follow this? xDDDDD
Was a funny moment.. 😄 
And yes. there are 2 negatives in the IS300h. the throttle lag, which could be quite annoying and dangerous especially in the country of roundabouts, (Can decrease this lag with "manual" mode.)
And the speed limit due the Hybrid. <--- IMO the 125mph/212kmh  Max is totally enough, but sometimes I'm missing the 240-260 when I'm acrossing Germany.. I guess I can live with this negative effect once / year 🙂

By putting the car into manual shift mode via the gear stick and combined with sport mode, I find you can pretty much eliminate any lag from the CVT.

• Like 1

It would be fair if you would answer my questions, before asking further:

On 5/24/2019 at 11:08 PM, Linas.P said:

Firstly, this is not how Lexus pitches their car - I just go by what they say "sport saloon with amazing performance".

Secondly, "better performance than average" - please justify. 8.4s is literally the slowest in the segment and solver than most economy cars. 

Finally, I don't want to race anybody, but luxury car should carry some status on the road... being one of slowest cars around not exactly helps with this feeling.

On 6/3/2019 at 9:57 AM, Gerr28 said:

Just a question: Did you try the IS300H before, and if yes, for how long? 

I had IS300h for 3 days, IS200t for a day, as well RC300h for 24h test drive (I would say all in all ~ 1800-2000miles driving in various conditions). More importantly, I had 3 different IS250s, for ~8 years and over 100k miles - so whereas I cannot say I know IS300h that well, I know very well how IS250 would behave in exactly same circumstances. From my experience IS300h feels broken and sluggish under acceleration, it doesn't have lineal pull of IS250 and sound trashy. With IS250 - the harder you drive it the more rewarding it gets, IS300h - the harder you drive the more trashy it gets. If you just cruising along at 50MPH both are good enough, but mk2 still feels sturdier build, mk3 wins in terms of equipment (if fully equipped, base equipment is actually better in mk2). But mk3 is 2013 car and mk2 is 2005, mk3 costs ~£15,000 in good condition whereas mk2 costs ~£5,000.  For 3 times the price mk3 is slower car which is not as well build, but have few new toys like BT music streaming and phone integration (if equipped). Overall, mk2 was about average car compared to contemporary competition and mk3 is one of the worst.

1 hour ago, Linas.P said:

IS300h - the harder you drive the more trashy it gets. 

How to make friends and influence people  😉

Can I just add my tuppence worth. After reading the IS300h forum since the its inception I don't think I've come across one poster who purchased the car to drive it 'hard' .

The mark 2 filtered them out. The mark 1 was playing at it but was more of a contender and still has a cult status. 

Linas, its done, finished, ze Germans have won the performance war, you are continually flogging a dead horse and appear to be looking for any thread to do it on. 

• Like 2

On 6/5/2019 at 5:44 PM, LordByronUK said:

By putting the car into manual shift mode via the gear stick and combined with sport mode, I find you can pretty much eliminate any lag from the CVT.

Agreed, as I mentioned :)

On 6/5/2019 at 7:30 PM, Linas.P said:

It would be fair if you would answer my questions, before asking further:

I had IS300h for 3 days, IS200t for a day, as well RC300h for 24h test drive (I would say all in all ~ 1800-2000miles driving in various conditions). More importantly, I had 3 different IS250s, for ~8 years and over 100k miles - so whereas I cannot say I know IS300h that well, I know very well how IS250 would behave in exactly same circumstances. From my experience IS300h feels broken and sluggish under acceleration, it doesn't have lineal pull of IS250 and sound trashy. With IS250 - the harder you drive it the more rewarding it gets, IS300h - the harder you drive the more trashy it gets. If you just cruising along at 50MPH both are good enough, but mk2 still feels sturdier build, mk3 wins in terms of equipment (if fully equipped, base equipment is actually better in mk2). But mk3 is 2013 car and mk2 is 2005, mk3 costs ~£15,000 in good condition whereas mk2 costs ~£5,000.  For 3 times the price mk3 is slower car which is not as well build, but have few new toys like BT music streaming and phone integration (if equipped). Overall, mk2 was about average car compared to contemporary competition and mk3 is one of the worst.

Clearly something bother you within this car, because I saw some posts in the past where you still trying to pull it down.
Also, The reason why I skipped the answer for your questions, because I told you, I'm not here to arguing and probably I cannot give you a correct answer with exact cars.
This car is a PETROL HYBRID. Not Diesel, not Petrol, Not Diesel/Hybrid, It is still have 1,7/1,8 tons of weight+the driver.
As you wrote before,  "okay within city or cruising..." 
For the purpose what this model have been built, is totally okay. Also, I made more than 30k+ miles, and personally, I never had any problem with the car's pulling, the stability, or handling. I enjoy it and that's all. This is what I wrote. And yet you're trying to tell me, this car is sluggish and etc... Well, to be fair, I had IS250 for another 50k miles and yes... I felt more power within V6, but(!) the drinking of petrol, was a bit too much for me.
Still I'm not measuring the car with other cars, (I already wrote) if someone is quicker than me, it is FINE! etc-etc, I don't want to repeat myself.
I'm not telling you, you're talking about wrong facts, or I'm not sharing your opinion in some facts, but as Doog wrote it, people are not buying this car for "hard drive".
And from now I will not pulling your/my or the other's time in this,
I like this car / You don't like it, and I'm not going to blame you for it. :)

On 6/5/2019 at 9:05 PM, doog442 said:

Linas, its done, finished, ze Germans have won the performance war

That is great - we can agree on this. I might be flogging the dead horse, but so are all others who still insist IS300h is fast and comparable car to competition. Well, that is in terms of performance (which is what I am concerned about). In terms of build quality and reliability it is actually better - I have no issues with that.

@Gerr28 - same here, the point I am trying to send across - there are no real mid-range performance/enthusiast choice. As long as we can agree on that, and the fact IS300h doesn't represent this "mid-range performance/enthusiast choice" - I have no other point to make.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links