Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Tyre Pressure Monitoring System.

Does anyone know where I can find the current individual tyre pressures for the NX in the multi function display or on the sat nav screen. Can't seem to find it. Does it even have it?

On my last car it displayed all four tyre pressures.

It should be under the "info" menu in the multi function display. Scroll down and 1st should be current mpg. 2nd should be range etc. 3rd should be Energy monitor, and depending on the model , the 4th Would be tyre pressures. The 4th screen is completely blank. I have tweeted Lexus GB and they are looking into it.

If there is no data on the TPMS screen, whilst on that screen, try pressing and holding in the OK button on the steering wheel (the button with a dot on it surrounded by the 4 arrow keys). This initializes the Tyre Pressure Monitoring System. You should get a message to say TPMS is recalibrating, and then you just have to wait a short while until this has been completed. I don't know whether this will help, but it's worth a try.

Thanks lee789. I've just had a reply from Lexus GB on the matter. The NX doesn't have Direct TPMS ( individual pressures displayed) in the UK. It has the normal TPMS, whereby it will give a warning of low tyre pressure. The reason given was that the UK is not considered a "rough road" country, whereas the US and Canada are . That's why in the US individual pressures are displayed. It's standard on the RX and GS in the but they are a class above the NX.

I'm with you. Yes, no individual pressures, just a system that monitors all four. I wonder when Lexus last visited to assess the state of our roads!! Actually seems a very stupid reason for not fitting Direct TPMS because this is a 4WD SUV, and if you intend to use it off road, then you are likely to encounter "rough road" conditions whatever country you happen to be in. I'll take the real reason to be they were too tight to spend a few pounds adding the direct system, same as they were too tight to give out handbooks for the car.

I'm not totally convinced it's worth having. Apart from not telling you which tyre is the problem it's a tad temperature sensitive. Mine has come on over the last week or so first thing, when I return to the car later in the day it doesn't.

I think it has a 6psi tolerance so maybe I'm on the edge of that. Must go and check!

Sent from my Iphone using Lexus OC

Think you are right there David. An almost totally useless system unless you carry around a pressure monitor to check which tyre is causing it, or the problem is obvious on inspection.

Well I checked mine, had set them at 36psi as per the book, can't quite remember how long ago. Certainly a little while. Nearside front was 32, others at 35. System doing the job and I suppose making you check all of them is no bad thing. I'd still prefer an individual pressure readout though.

Sent from my iPad using Lexus OC

• 6 months later...

David, not sure if you've found the same problem but in one manual it says 27psi (below 160kmh) but on the Lexus page it says 18" wheels on NX F-Sport should be 36psi the same as you've put in yours. I must admit I had the car new in March this year and only recently checked them. Now I've got 27psi and the warning light is constantly on. Should I inflate to 36 and re calibrate the TPMS?

David, not sure if you've found the same problem but in one manual it says 27psi (below 160kmh) but on the Lexus page it says 18" wheels on NX F-Sport should be 36psi the same as you've put in yours. I must admit I had the car new in March this year and only recently checked them. Now I've got 27psi and the warning light is constantly on. Should I inflate to 36 and re calibrate the TPMS?

27PSI is way too low and I can't see any manufacturer recommending those sort of figures. The Lexus IS has 36psi figures and the RX has 32psi so I would expect 32psi on the NX too. Having said that - Mine are almost always pumped to about 37psi with no middle wear.

I guess the tpms is better than nothing at all - I know that on my previous cars I was a bit lazy in checking pressures and I think it only became standard on the RX in 2013 so I missed it

Thanks for that. Still can't believe Lexus don't think it necessary to show tyre pressures for each wheel on British NX models. The roads in the UK are dreadful to say the least.

Cheers,

Its probably something they will implement in the future like they seem to do on all models each year

• 1 year later...

I agree with all of the written above, but I am not agree with the producers from Lexus. This Beauty is go good, but not only that I climb so stiff hills, gravel roads with 40° climbing angle and I really need this TPMS so I made almost the impossible! I had a job in NY and I found out that in USA there is so many crashed ones of this NX200t and they selling them for parts, after very long exploration and part searching, and a little help from Lexus service engineer team in Sofia Bulgaria, I locate the different and missing module that I need to get the full functionality of the TPMS. So I'll return in EU after 12.10.2016 and the first ting when I lend at the Airport is to get to Lexus Garage, where I left my beast and I'll place the module, then the engineer will establish CAN connection in the ECU and we will going to see is it true, that this module is the solution. I am almost 100% sure that it's going to be, because the cable harness is in place, the tech menu of the american models showing that only difference and I'll write you for conclusion right away!

0-02-05-24bd02cbad9610b823e7c8f67fc18fcd733fa0e31a8d2c9efbf510c8018ad450_full.jpg

0-02-05-b2bdb2c84006238464fad5f67acbf6fc4cf0a5243f408617d7c6fcb75d541d3c_full.jpg

The UK versions only have a warning light that comes on when tyre pressure drops by 25%.  In the UK we get ripped off and substandard specifications compared to the USA. IMHO. The reason that the UK only has a warning light (according to Lexus) is that our roads are "smoother" and we don't do the long strenuous journeys that other nations do.

I believe the correct PSI is 36, back and front. (I have 225/60r18s) on the car, and yes I have tested the the drop to 30 PSI and the TPMS light comes on.  Inflate them back to 36PSI the system will auto calibrate and the warning light goes away. 

Hi Folks, just a warning re tyres. I foolishly fitted some rather funky tyre caps. Polished steel with the Lexus logo on the tip. I greased them before fitting but like a fool I didn't check the pressures for a few months (lazy I know) and when the tyre pressure warning light came on I descended on my garage to check the pressures. The caps were solid and I couldn't remove them. I applied some release spray and left overnight. Next day I tried again and ended up using pliers to remove the caps. The first attempt snapped the valve so I ended up putting the spare on and driving to my local tyre store. All 4 valves were ripped out and I've ended up with standard valves fitted and the tyre pressure light constantly on (until I get the valves changed to the correct sending valves) Expensive lesson....stick with the rubber caps.

• Like 1

On 10/5/2016 at 10:12 PM, Sybaris said:

The UK versions only have a warning light that comes on when tyre pressure drops by 25%.  In the UK we get ripped off and substandard specifications compared to the USA. IMHO. The reason that the UK only has a warning light (according to Lexus) is that our roads are "smoother" and we don't do the long strenuous journeys that other nations do.

I believe the correct PSI is 36, back and front. (I have 225/60r18s) on the car, and yes I have tested the the drop to 30 PSI and the TPMS light comes on.  Inflate them back to 36PSI the system will auto calibrate and the warning light goes away. 

To be fair, they have a point, our roads are of better quality than US roads and it only takes 8 hours to get from Edinburgh to Plymouth.

I bet the US feel that they get more ripped off, firstly because they have to make do with nuluxe instead of real leather on some Lexus vehicles and hybrid variants of the RX, NX and GS in particular trims have only really been introduced in the past year or so.

On 10/6/2016 at 8:14 AM, Billybong said:

Hi Folks, just a warning re tyres. I foolishly fitted some rather funky tyre caps. Polished steel with the Lexus logo on the tip. I greased them before fitting but like a fool I didn't check the pressures for a few months (lazy I know) and when the tyre pressure warning light came on I descended on my garage to check the pressures. The caps were solid and I couldn't remove them. I applied some release spray and left overnight. Next day I tried again and ended up using pliers to remove the caps. The first attempt snapped the valve so I ended up putting the spare on and driving to my local tyre store. All 4 valves were ripped out and I've ended up with standard valves fitted and the tyre pressure light constantly on (until I get the valves changed to the correct sending valves) Expensive lesson....stick with the rubber caps.

I read about this before I bought the car and asked the dealer to put standard plastic caps on.  No problems and have calibrated a couple of times.  I didn't think the valves did any sending.  My TPMS light only comes on when pressure is low.

On 10/7/2016 at 1:52 PM, rayaans said:

To be fair, they have a point, our roads are of better quality than US roads and it only takes 8 hours to get from Edinburgh to Plymouth.

I bet the US feel that they get more ripped off, firstly because they have to make do with nuluxe instead of real leather on some Lexus vehicles and hybrid variants of the RX, NX and GS in particular trims have only really been introduced in the past year or so.

But it would be nice if we had the full kit instead of some compromise

Yes Folks! Everything above is true. The US roads are a bit tough then EU but this car is a SUV so I think that 

Sybaris

is right! We want full kit. !!!

And I'll try to accomplish that. today my shipment from USA is living to Bulgaria and I hope by the end of the week to tel you If I'm right or not. The TPMS sensors are in the blowing valve of the rims of the tires, so be very careful not to replace the caps with no original and so on and so on! 

• 1 month later...

And now I have the schematic for the TPMS and all of its components and the needed components are in elliptic. The prices are form Bulgarian Lexus dealer. But I bought my computer (module 1) from E-Bay only for $80. Now I am going to search for the two antennas and then eng. from Lexus told me that they have to calibrate the software to work with the modules! So now I will order the two missing parts, and I hope for the best! In the moment that I have a solution I'll write! 

full.jpg

l.jpg

• 2 months later...

I think the general tyre warning is useful. I had it come on once, consistently over a day, and couldn't see any problem with any tyre - but when I took it to a dealer, they found a nail in one! 

So I wouldn't knock it too quickly!

• 4 years later...

I read this thread a few years ago.

I installed this ( https://aliexpress.com/item/4001193377497.html )  module today. NX 200T 2015, German (Luxury-Mark Levinson) version.

It really works 🙂 I now have information about the tire pressure. Not only a low pressure warning.

TPMS.png

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sebaw said:

I read this thread a few years ago.

I installed this ( https://aliexpress.com/item/4001193377497.html )  module today. NX 200T 2015, German (Luxury-Mark Levinson) version.

It really works 🙂 I now have information about the tire pressure. Not only a low pressure warning.

TPMS.png

What's the installation procedure following the purchase of the module?

Seems a bit crazy you can get this on cars like a Qashqai but not the NX here

You connect the wires of this module from Aliexpress to the T1 module (Receiver assy, Electrical Key & TPMS) - On my NX, the right C-pillar.

See photos in the comment on Aliexpress.This is how I found this module.

T1.png

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links