Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

6Yr Service Plus Front Brakes

Hi all

Sorry I have not been on much for a while, but pleased to report the ISF with takeda and H&S is still in rude health, however..... It needs a service, the 6yr one plus front discs and pads.

I have phoned my local dealer who want £963 for the brakes and £895 for the service. I tried calling around but due to centralized call centres got the same chap I had the quote from!

Any suggestions gratefully received

I haggled and had the £95 knocked off but there are some on the forum that had it done much cheaper.

In regards to brakes I ordered brembo discs front and back from next day brakes and got them for £318. I think they still have a deal on at the moment.

I would double check the brakes with a local garage. Lexus always want to change the disks and pads (they make a load of money) when it's only the pads that need changing.

If your ok with diy the brakes are really easy to change yourself.

I had the 60k service done for £600 but sure it's gone up since then. But why, wages certainly have not!

You can get aftermarket discs from various sources all to the same spec as the OE ones (ventilated and drilled) The pattern ones are made by brembo, Pagid and others. All a lot cheaper than Lexus dealer prices. Pads the same.

As above, I stated to Woodford they serviced a fellow members car at just over 600 and they offered me the same price. Whifbitz do the same parts but cheaper. You can them have Lexus for them if you wanted.

Stuart

I paid 750 I think after haggling with Edgware Road. brembo discs bought from next day brakes (front only), pagid pads from Euro Car parts for around £50. It can all be done cheaper if you are prepared to shop around.

Nextdaybrakes.com are doing 15% off on all brembo brakes, works out about £388.87 for 2 front discs and pads delivered.

Its showing no stock but i'm sure they can order them in for you, plus 1 hour of labour max and you're good to go.

Could always ask the dealer to match that price?

Thanks for the thoughts, the front discs are doe for partially as they have done 46k an partially because I fitted yellow stuff pads.

What annoys me is that all the local lexus dealers now seem to be "Jemca" hence I end up talking to the same chap so there is no chance of alternative quotes!

Just went to book mine in for the 6yr service,was quoted £895!!!

Asked why its so much and the reply was, to change the spark plugs the manifolds need to come off as well!

Have any of you heard of this?

Anyway, after chatting to the service manager he agreed to do everything apart from the spark plugs for £545.

Was thinking of getting manifolds changed next time the spark plugs are done if they need to be removed.

i paid £650 from birmingham.

However sidcup were prepared to offer a smiliar amount when i spoke to a nice lady who was head of service there or something. Only reason i didn't book here was because when i phoned in the guy said there was no room for negotiation hence booked up at birmingham as i was visiting there anyway.

After booking with birmingham the lady from sidcup rang and wanted to confirm my booking at sidcup to which i told her i had already booked elsewhere due to price differences, she was obviously annoyed with the guy that told me there was no room for negotiation and apologised.

Thanks for the suggestion of asking for a discount, Lexus Croydon knocked nearly £400 off to do the service and brakes just for asking. It will also have the 2 recalls done at the same time and as a final bonus I am dropping it off before I am out of the country for a week, so I know it will be safe too.

Thanks for the suggestion of asking for a discount, Lexus Croydon knocked nearly £400 off to do the service and brakes just for asking. It will also have the 2 recalls done at the same time and as a final bonus I am dropping it off before I am out of the country for a week, so I know it will be safe too.

Glad to see some dealers are open to discounting....Hedge End seem never to drop their prices when I ask. I'm going to get a local mechanic to fit my brakes and pads but I will need some new tyres and Hedge End have said they price match Blackcircles and have yet to refuse a match. I don't want to be the first though.

would we recommend the six year and not new plugs? For a few hundred quid do you realm want to risk a failure that ruins the engine? Its a high performance car and imo needs to be maintained as such. also selling it to someone like me would be hard if the car services has been done to a lower spec than they should. If you skimp on a service what else have you cut corners on? not trying to be argumentative, just my view

I hear what you`re saying, but my isf has only done 19000 miles and when have you ever heard of a plug failure!

I will get it done,just looking at the possibility of fitting aftermarket manifolds if they have to come off anyway.

Reading about the servicing prices and the big variation between dealers try Lexus Cheltenham, ask for Matt the service manager,see what he can offer on a 60k service, i think he would match/better most, as i found him really good, mention the Lexus forum.

at 19k albeit 7 years old now it must be mint. Imo you'd be mad not to follow the Lexus service schedule. Why cut corners? Each to their own but they are tough to sell on. Yours being so low mileage would be a 'good find' for a buyer but as I said above id walk away if you skipped a major part of the service. ***** I walked away from one in Gillingham because it had a front respray even though it was done to a high standard.

Just went to book mine in for the 6yr service,was quoted £895!!!

Asked why its so much and the reply was, to change the spark plugs the manifolds need to come off as well!

Have any of you heard of this?

Anyway, after chatting to the service manager he agreed to do everything apart from the spark plugs for £545.

Was thinking of getting manifolds changed next time the spark plugs are done if they need to be removed.

yes i have heard this. just recently i did this service. its such a silly design that the intake needs to come off to change the plugs. luckily the plug service is few and far between.

With regards to the manifold need to be removed for spark plug change, I came across this DIY thread which doesn't require the removal of manifold.

http://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-f/642967-is-f-spark-plug-change-photos-test.html

im saving this for the next plug service. looks easy enough to do. why are the dealerships saying they have to remove the intake for this job then? suppose just to make more money from us again