Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Have You Needed To Use Your Warranty?

LexusCT200H

Hi I am looking to buy a CT200h and have done alot of research. Lots of reviews say it is really reliable but I wanted to ask the users of the car my self. I will be purchasing the car without warranty and I am looking for a car with about 20-25k mileage max. It will be a 2011-2012 model and I wanted to know have you needed to use the warranty on the car? If so, for what things because I won't have any warranty.

Thanks!

i have had my 2011 model for 18 months and haven't had to claim ,saying that i have taken out a 2yr lexus warranty this is just for peace of mind

if you want a car with cheap repair costs then dont buy a lexus,just as an example the dimming rear view mirror is £660 inc vat.

now i have had my ct for a while now i can't see myself driving anything else, i feel lexus is in my blood now.

Id say defo get a warranty.... Its not a CT I've got but a LS600hl and have just claimed on the warranty for a heated seat in my car.... Replacement part is costing £1350+vat so certainly getting my money's worth of the extended warranty I bought my car for £32k with 24000 on clock 1 owner (lexus UK) everything looked new on car when I bought it (it was 4yrs old at the time) not misused at all and expensive parts can fail.... I'd certainly consider a extended warranty if I was you... Just my view on the matter

Our 11 plated CT has not set a foot wrong. It has 45K on the clock and hasn't been to a dealer for anything other than routine or planned visits such as servicing or MOT. Toyota are giving most of the CT running gear 5 year warranty and Lexus are supposed to be better build quality than Toyota and so could be considered to be a safer bet. The only problems we have had with the CT are to do with absent minded nitwits at supermarkets routinely running into it.

as with all warranties id imagine you will need to get it fully serviced by main Lexus dealer.

technically you can take it anywhere vat registered to have the service completed but if an issue arises any car delership will always use it to get out of paying,

they will riggle and riggle until they are free ,if you use lexus then there is no arguing end of.

lets face it if you need to claim you dont need the hassle of then fighting your corner to prove any work carried out meets or exceeds lexus's standards.

I will be purchasing a car with full Lexus history and servicing only from Lexus.

I don't see that you will have an issue anyway since as far as I and the JD power survey can see, CTs just do not have problems with engineering issues.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links