Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

The worst luck.

ukazn

Just driving on the M11 to get to Extreme motorsports today, when my car started to shudder. I slowed down and then the back started two slide from side to side.

Pulled over to find my rear nearside tyre was completely flat and torn along the inside of the tyre. On inspection of the tyre i found that there was two screws in it. What made it worse was, when i looked at the others. i had found another screw in my offside fornt tyre.

As i was nearby Extreme, i thought i would give them a call to see if they had in tyres in. No luck, none in stock.

The bad luck had not ended there!!

When i was taking off the wheel to change it for the spare my locking wheel nut was a different size to the rest of the nuts.

Called the AA in, got the wheel off, but was told that i could not put the spare on cos' the nuts were a tapered fit especially for the new alloys.

In the end we still used the nuts but i had to drive home doing 40mph as advised by the AA man.

How unlucky is that, now i gotta get a new tyre and get the puncture repaired.

:(:(:(:(:(

Originally posted by ukazn

Just driving on the M11 to get to Extreme motorsports today

If it makes you feel any better I got a puncture on the same stretch of the M11, and ruined a brand new tyre! (it was less than a week old) The boot was also full of camping gear as I was going away for the weekend so it all had to come out on the hard shoulder....

Thats the problem with 19's knowone carry's a stock, good that your rims were not damaged.

You have to remember though when you change your rim, always carry 4 original nuts or bolts!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links