Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

"welcome Illumination" Has Stopped Working!

This morning I went into my garage and I noticed that the "welcome illumination", basically when you stand near the car with the key in your pocket the interior lights and the lights under the external rear view mirrors softly light up, is not working any more!

It's the first time I use the car since it was returned from the service at dealer.

Has it to do with some setting in the infotainment/dashboard that I should activate or have I to go back to the dealer and have it to fix this thing? :whistling:

Note: the infotainment firmware has been updated to F version by dealer when the car was there for the service.

PS. Car lights are always on AUTO position

Some have reported that the software update has reset settings in the infotainment system. Welcome lighting is a setting in the menu I think. Best check.

Thank you Steve.

So apparently the problem has fixed itself because i did nothing but going (with ignition ON - Power x 2 times without foot on brakes pedal) in the infotainment home page and then browsing

MENU --> CAR --> CUSTOMIZE

then I got a message saying "Applying user customizations..." and from that moment the welcome illumination has started again to work properly.

However in the customization area there are 3 menus (Air conditioning customization, Door locking customization and Lights customization) but there isn't a specific setting for the "welcome illumination" because the only things that I can modify (at least on my car) in the lights area are the timings for internal illumination, the coming/leaving home timings and the sensitivity of the twilight sensor.

So, If you have the same problem as me just go - with ignition ON - in the customization area of the menu, under car settings/manteinance area and let the system do the magic.

The "welcome light illumination" feature works only as a function of the light sensor and provided that the lights

switch is left on AUTO. It is the default setting and can only be de-activated as a dealer customization (perhaps

at the behest of owners who do not like to be seen creeping around during the night).

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links