Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Well it's that time of year where the winter tyres come off and new tyres go on, only thing is I threw away my old tyres and can't remember what make the standard tyres are??

I tow a caravan and do mainly motorway miles, never pass 70mph, and whilst I am a brisk/progressive driver I am not interested in blasting around any recommendations on tyres?

Thanks in advance and sorry if this has been done before, I did search with little luck.

Sent from my Iphone using Lexus OC

Thanks for the reply, can I ask why up chose them over any others?

Michelin Latitude Tour HP's - you will not regret it. Great grip, superbly quiet and rated very well for efficiency and wet grip. I think they're perfect for your needs. They are also standard fit RX tyres in the states with a long tread life.

They are also M+S marked so slightly better than summer tyres in those conditions - again, no need to actually swap them over in the winter.

Hankook Ventus for me. Plus you don't need swap over in winter as they are classes as all-season.

Same for me had them on mine last four years been great and were £98.00 each fitted.

Price and great reviews. Must admit they have been great. Had them on now for 15k miles, done trip last summer to the South of France and performed great in the snow this winter. Plus bonus of still 7mm left on every tyre!

Michelin Latitude Tour HP's - you will not regret it. Great grip, superbly quiet and rated very well for efficiency and wet grip. I think they're perfect for your needs. They are also standard fit RX tyres in the states with a long tread life.

They are also M+S marked so slightly better than summer tyres in those conditions - again, no need to actually swap them over in the winter.

What is M+S please?

Sent from my Iphone using Lexus OC

Standard tyres in the UK are Bridgestone Potenza.

Should do a search on "tyres" within the forum... there are endless threads full of good advice.

Standard tyres in the UK are Bridgestone Potenza.

Should do a search on "tyres" within the forum... there are endless threads full of good advice.

Yep these were on my 04 RX300. Had them changed out for Goodyear's I think back then when they were at 3mm. Noticed an immediate change in noise levels and grip (probably due to increased tread). The Bridgestone's are quite noisy IMO.

Gone with these, quite hard to come by, managed to get 4 through Camskill website, £475 inc Vat and postage... They get rave reviews online, thanks for the feedback, great help!

Gone with these, quite hard to come by, managed to get 4 through Camskill website, £475 inc Vat and postage... They get rave reviews online, thanks for the feedback, great help!

Good price there fella. Im in the process of changing out my factory fit Dunlop SP Sport 270 to the Michelin Latitude Tour HP this week. I think I paid £122 each due to the slightly larger size. Be sure to post your findings when you have them fitted!

• 2 weeks later...

I have also just put on 4 new Michelin Latitude Tour HP's.

The reviews seemed good, and I like the M+S element.

( Just worked out that I can date my tyres from the "DOT ..xx" annotation. Some of mine were very old )

I had the Michelins fitted to mine and honestly it felt like a different car. I had some budget rubbish on there before, so maybe that's why it is so noticeable, but the steering was much lighter and cabin much quieter.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links