Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hello everyone.. I am new to this forum.

Now I have seriously annoying squeak coming from driver side leather seat near torso area when you sit, on right hand side to be precise.

Everytime car goes over bump, it makes squeak, apprently coming from foam. I think other IS220D suffered too but I couldn't find any DIY solution except from going to dealer and get the entire seat replaced which won't happen in my case.

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Also how do I clean foggy LCD panel on CD player?

Thanks.

As you say the torso area this is a longish shot but - I had a noise from the right hand side of the drivers seat over bumps. Turned out that with the seat at its lowest position, the side plastic panel was rubbing on the plastic below it at the rear of the chair. To be more precise - the side panel with the buttons on - at the rear of that, at the bottom of the panel, it wraps underneath itself. There is virtually no clearance to the top of the plastic section this sits on top of (at least with me sat in it!). By raising the seat a fraction at rear the noise disappeared.

• Like 1

As you say the torso area this is a longish shot but - I had a noise from the right hand side of the drivers seat over bumps. Turned out that with the seat at its lowest position, the side plastic panel was rubbing on the plastic below it at the rear of the chair. To be more precise - the side panel with the buttons on - at the rear of that, at the bottom of the panel, it wraps underneath itself. There is virtually no clearance to the top of the plastic section this sits on top of (at least with me sat in it!). By raising the seat a fraction at rear the noise disappeared.

I tried lowering and raising the seat height. It helps a little bit but not much.I sprayed some silicone spray into every nook and cranny especially where leather meet plastic frame.

Not as bad as as it used to but it quiet down a bit. Thanks.

Tightening the bolts which hold the seat down sorted out a similar issue for me.

Thanks for the tip. the bolt are super tight. Cannot be tightened any further. If I am not wrong, you meant the bolts which secures the seats to the floor, right?

Reading the suggestion of seat bolts Ive had a thought of Something else you might try. I had a noise I thought was the bottom of the seat which turned out to be the plastic panel underside of the car under the driver. Around the pillar put your hand under the car, there is a plastic panel. Ther are four bolts which may be the bottom of the seat securing bolts - ther four equate to where the four are inside the car which bolt the seat rails to the floor. I found the bolts which secure this panel were loose enough so the plastic panel was able to move around a little, and I could hear it in the car. They are a bit tricky to get to but just tightening them finger tight sorted the noise. I didn't mention this previously as this noise was inmistakably coming from the bottom of the seat but may be worth a try.

One final suggestion is the noise could be the door seal. The rubber seal can get greasy over time and mine started to make a squeak over bumps. Simply wipe the rubber door seals- both around the door and frame - with a cloth with a little neat washing up liquid on - solved that squeak straight away. Not sure either of these are your problem but each only takes a few minutes to do so worth a try.....

Reading the suggestion of seat bolts Ive had a thought of Something else you might try. I had a noise I thought was the bottom of the seat which turned out to be the plastic panel underside of the car under the driver. Around the pillar put your hand under the car, there is a plastic panel. Ther are four bolts which may be the bottom of the seat securing bolts - ther four equate to where the four are inside the car which bolt the seat rails to the floor. I found the bolts which secure this panel were loose enough so the plastic panel was able to move around a little, and I could hear it in the car. They are a bit tricky to get to but just tightening them finger tight sorted the noise. I didn't mention this previously as this noise was inmistakably coming from the bottom of the seat but may be worth a try.

One final suggestion is the noise could be the door seal. The rubber seal can get greasy over time and mine started to make a squeak over bumps. Simply wipe the rubber door seals- both around the door and frame - with a cloth with a little neat washing up liquid on - solved that squeak straight away. Not sure either of these are your problem but each only takes a few minutes to do so worth a try.....

Hi,

Thanks for the suggestion. I have checked the places that you mentioned. Nothing out of ordinary. All bolts are nice and tight.

I think the squeak is coming from the actual forms inside the leather seat. It is getting louder and louder day by day.

There is no way to silence them? The picture below is from the internet. I don't have problem on passenger side. Only on the driver side is going crazy.

is220d.jpg

Found this on the US owners site: hope it helps

I had the same squeak as you. I could hear it when I moved in the seat (really annoying because mine is a manual tranny and when I pushed the clutch in you could hear the squeak). When I pushed on the side bolster I could hear it. I fixed mine with the seat in the car. Took me about 10 minutes. Removed the back cover from the seat. Then I worked a small piece of cotton cloth up into the seat back between the steel and the foam. Been 4 months and hasn't made a sound since.

Read more: http://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-second-generation/601076-squeaky-drivers-seat-when-turning.html#ixzz3Wi6PEuMD

Found this on the US owners site: hope it helps

I had the same squeak as you. I could hear it when I moved in the seat (really annoying because mine is a manual tranny and when I pushed the clutch in you could hear the squeak). When I pushed on the side bolster I could hear it. I fixed mine with the seat in the car. Took me about 10 minutes. Removed the back cover from the seat. Then I worked a small piece of cotton cloth up into the seat back between the steel and the foam. Been 4 months and hasn't made a sound since.

Read more: http://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-second-generation/601076-squeaky-drivers-seat-when-turning.html#ixzz3Wi6PEuMD

James, Thanks for your reply. I appreciate it. How do I remove the back cover from the seat. I tried it before. No suceess. My one is SE-L Trim with DVD screen mounted on headrest.