Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Engine Wiring Info Please

Morango

Hi, I need some advice and help with wiring. I am plonking a 1JZ gte vvti into my lexus is200, i have bought the engine which came with an EMU ecu already wired into the engine, I have pretty much all other parts i need, front sump, mounts etc, just waiting on a gearbox then i can get bits like drive shaft and gear linkage made up to fit.

All mechanical side of things im pretty hot on, but when it comes to electical side of things im not so good, im not sure what i need to marry up and what i need to run to get the car talk to the engine. I do however know about electronics, PCB's circuits etc so im not completely lost on whats going on.

What i need help on is the actual wiring side of things, what do i need to wire in to make the engine all work, does the emu ecu need to talk to the is200 ecu, or can i just scrap the is200 ecu and run everything through the emu. I also have the 1jz vvti ecu that originally came with the engine.

Thanks for any help, i know this is a long process and not just rushing in, i know everything else about engines and cars and this is the last for me to learn.

Cheers

• 7 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Hi Morango and Matt, I am also looking for some information on the best method to wire up a 2JZ GTE but in this case transplant into a v8 GS430. Have found the 2JZ-GTE Aristo pin outs online but not the 3UZ-FE equivalent. Was hoping I could swap in the Aristo ECU and it would be pin-pin compatible with the 3UZ-FE car site harness. Have not tried as do not have all the pin outs for both vehicles yet. Any pointers? BTW if you need a link to the 2JZ-GTE pin outs and wiring diagrams please drop me a note.