Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Beeping And Other Points.

Every now and sometimes I get a 'beep' from my car and for the life of me I cannot work out where it is coming from or what it is to do with.

When I am at home, down here by the seaside, it happens only very occasionally but yesterday, I did a round trip to Birmingham and back, about 350 miles and, i noticed that it was happening far more frequently when I was up in Brum.

Anyone got any ideas what this might be please.

On another matter, of MPG. I notice that on one of the screens it is showing that I averaged 51.4 mpg but there is another figure which I think says 'Best' and this is showing as something like 39.1. How can this be?

Another point that I think has been mentioned elsewhere in the forum, is the matter of the music not being muted when the SatNav voice gives an instruction. This is just ridiculous. I had it in my previous IS250, how can it not be in the 300h. Are there any plans for this to be corrected, can it in fact be corrected?

I noticed that when I was playing music via the USB port that the traffic alert via the radio would cut in and I could hear that OK but, anything being put out by the SatNav could not, not without lowering the volume of the music. At least I think that is how I remember it. This seems madness to me.

Any more comments on this?

Speed camera beeps are the noises you hear

As regards to the "best" mpg, you have to update it manually to show the 51mpg

Also I think there's a setting in the nav which allows you to change voice over volume. On the highest setting, the woman is practically shouting so you should be able to hear it

Unless you are far too close to the car in front or the person behind is far too close, often at traffic lights it is definately speed cameras.

Cannot be turned off as far as I know. Put the sat nav on, select show cameras from the menu and you should be able to hear the beep and see the icon at your location.

Unless you are far too close to the car in front or the person behind is far too close, often at traffic lights it is definately speed cameras.

Cannot be turned off as far as I know.

It happens when no other vehicle is near me and I am nowhere near traffic lights. Having said that, i do recall that when close to the big city, there were numerous sets of lights and speed limits displayed and that's when it was happening most often. This seems to be the most logical explanation.

It's definitely speed cameras. Took me a while to work it out, the beep goes off well before you reach it.

Sent from my iPhone using Lexus OC

.... and it should be kept in mind that the Cameras in question are only the ones present at the time of any given

map update, and that it is best to set the corresponding icon as permanent so as to know whether any other

beeps you might occasionally get are extraneous. Also, if you take the car across the Channel, the Lexus

programme complies with individual national regulations concerning the incorporation of speed camera warnings

into SatNav by simply excluding them where necessary.

Rabbers says "and that it is best to set the corresponding icon as permanent so as to know whether any other beeps you might occasionally get are extraneous"

Sorry Rabbers but the old grey matter is not latching on to what you mean here. Can you explain a little more please.

Many thanks for all the responses.

I was on the road on Friday for a full eight hours and didn't get a phone call whilst driving and so I don't know what happens when a call comes in. Does the music mute or not, if not, perhaps those of you who are more technically minded could say if it is possible to update the software/firmware to automatically mute the music when a call does come in.

In question 4, I referred specifically to the 2010 model of the GS450H.

ALL OF THE SUBSEQUENT RESPONSES SEEM TO RELATE TO THE IS300H, so, does anyone know the answer to the intermittent beeping noises in the 2010 GS45H please?

Regards

John

Geoff yes the audio mutes when you receive a call.

Thank you ColinBarber, at least that's a bit of good positive news.

The music does, but the sat nav doesnt, have to manually turn it off. :-(

Rabbers says "and that it is best to set the corresponding icon as permanent so as to know whether any other beeps you might occasionally get are extraneous"

Sorry Rabbers but the old grey matter is not latching on to what you mean here. Can you explain a little more please.

Many thanks for all the responses.

I was on the road on Friday for a full eight hours and didn't get a phone call whilst driving and so I don't know what happens when a call comes in. Does the music mute or not, if not, perhaps those of you who are more technically minded could say if it is possible to update the software/firmware to automatically mute the music when a call does come in.

Geoff:

If you set your screen to show the speed camera icon, and leave it on this setting, and the icon is not present on the

screen when you hear a beep, this means that the beep you have heard has to do with something other than a speed

camera. If, on the other hand, you do not set the screen to show the icon and so rely solely on a beep to warn you

that you are approaching a speed camera and this beep has to do with something else, then, if you reacted by slowing

down, you will have done so for nothing.

Thanks for letting me exercise my own old grey matter by providing a 100-word explanation when

I thought much less was enough! :eerrrmm:

In question 4, I referred specifically to the 2010 model of the GS450H. ALL OF THE SUBSEQUENT RESPONSES SEEM TO RELATE TO THE IS300H, so, does anyone know the answer to the intermittent beeping noises in the 2010 GS45H please? Regards John

John, you will get more luck if you post your question in the GS forum. I suspect not too many IS owners will know the answer. I would imaging the beeping is for speed cameras or some other points of interest set up to alert on the Nav system.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links