Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Mr Pants!

Does anyone on here buy their tyres online? Is it risky, ie end up with out of date tyres or duff ones?

If it is safe to do can anyone recommend a reputable websites?

I bought some Merc Tyres last year £125 each and when I went to Tyre Spot to get them fitted they showed me that they were out of date. Although they would probably have still been good I tried to get a refund but got nowhere with the company.

Does anyone on here buy their tyres online? Is it risky, ie end up with out of date tyres or duff ones?

If it is safe to do can anyone recommend a reputable websites?

I bought some Merc Tyres last year £125 each and when I went to Tyre Spot to get them fitted they showed me that they were out of date. Although they would probably have still been good I tried to get a refund but got nowhere with the company.

What do you mean by "out of date". Its safe to put a tyre on 2 years after its DOT number and I dont think the companies are allowed to sell tyres which are more than 2 years old as "new" either. They'll be labelled as part worn even though theyre new

• 3 months later...

I've bought from Oponeo and http://www.mytyres.co.uk/ previously, both very good, although I've found mytyres' prices a bit keener over the last year or so. Mytyres manage to deliver within 48 hours every time. Highly recommended - especially if you've got a mate who fits and balances each tyre for a bottle of plonk!

Pete

• 1 month later...

I buy my tires online since the local garages sell winter tires all year long so in the summer months they just melt and you need a new set 1k miles later.

I normally get the cheapest tires from Japan. Nice and hard rubber that last for EVER! Yes you cant enter corners like a mad man right from the get go but after you let them warm up they're just as good as anything else. The last set of tires i bought cost me £20 each 225,45,17's and the only markings on the tires were a single triangle, the size and the UK stamp. They lasted me the entire year even with driving like a tit, Burnouts, wheel spins, handbrake turns etc... 6k miles later i still had 6mm tread left.

I just wish i could still find those exact tires online once again.

You say tyres were 20.00 what was the delivery charge. Also what was the delivery time scale.

That was with postage. Ok they took 30+ days to get to me but for that price i should've stock piled them up for now. Like i said the tires were really hard rubber but aslong as you gave them a good warm up they we're fine just like any others i've bought in the UK.

All i remember about them was a single triangle, size and the EU/UK stamp.