Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Bloody Typical!

Thanks Lee. Still waiting for the parts. They are having to liaise with Lexus GB regarding the serial numbers for some of the parts as its not on any database, well thats what I've been told anyway.

Had a good long chat with the engineer at Benfield Leeds repair centre. He says the major cost is the labour ( obvious I know) of refitting the safety systems that are integrated into the rear bumper, such as the rear cross traffic alert system. Other than that it's a straight swap of the entire rear bumper so it's highly unlikely that the insurance company will write it off as a cat D.

Yes, one of the downsides of the Premier in a rear end collision are the electrical detection systems in the rear bumper. Great for warning you of approaching vehicles in your blind spots, but a pain when somebody damages them. Was he texting, calling, or just your average tailgating idiot?

• 2 weeks later...

Just an update. It's been Three weeks since I had my little bump and my car still hasn't been repaired.

The bodyshop ( Lexus approved ) have been messing me around for the last Three weeks with excuses and blatant lies. Eg; can't get the part number, really busy etc.

On one occasion I rang the bodyshop twice in the space of two hours . First time was at 12pm followed by 2pm on the same day. On both occasions I was told that the relevant person was on her lunchbreak!

Well I was really annoyed . Sent an email to Richard Balshaw ( Lexus GB principal) with a follow up phone call on Monday to explain the situation and how utterly p***** off I was!

Well the apologies and general back side kissing since the complaint was forwarded has been constant.

Why is it that companies wait for a strongly worded complaint before acting? 😡

On the whole the dealership have been great. Their approved bodyshop have been atrocious.

Yes, it has become obvious to me over the years that when you call to speak to somebody at a car dealership, and are told they are at lunch or on a training course, it is likely that they are receiving additional tuition to make them more proficient in dishonesty,deception and creative accounting. Unfortunately, I have had to contact the CEO or Chairperson at several car manufacturers in the past to get relatively simple issues sorted out. I hope that now you have Mr Balshaw on the case your car will be sorted out quickly, and to your satisfaction. A great pity we have to resort to these lengths, but after years of putting up with shoddy service and excuses, I now report anything untoward directly to the Dealer Principal, or to the CEO.

Lee , if they would have said at the beginning, " We are really busy, and Lexus cars are a bloody pain to fix due to all the safety systems" , I would be a little more compliant. Give it a few weeks to repair.

It's the blatant lying that annoys me.

Since my NX has been deemed roadworthy by Admiral I am not entitled to a courtesy car. I am still using it daily. Its insured for SDP only since I work from home .

I think this is the reason they are taking their sweet time. There is no money to be made!

The Lexus dealer ( Leeds) has agreed to provide me with a Lexus GS as a courtesy car. I've told Admiral I won't be using their ripoff accident management hire car company.

Its the company ( Benfield group) bodyshop that are delaying . Fed up with it.

Tried getting in touch with Lexus Bradford? The RRG bodyshop is quite good although its based in Bolton. May be worth just checking how long theyd take and if they have the parts in stock?

TBH I doubt any dealership will have all the parts in stock, so some will have to be ordered in from the Miyayta plant in Japan. Still, there is no reason why they shouldn't have been available and air freighted here within a week to ten days. You must be very frustrated by this, but I'm sure Lexus GB working with a competent dealership will sort it out for you. Hope you get a result from Bradford today,

• 3 weeks later...

My IS250 has just been rear ended and I am also with Admiral. Cant wait for the nightmare of trying to get the car repaired by Lexus via the insurance company. Like the OP, they have steered me in the way of Albany who were too busy to talk to me tonight. I have already insisted on Lexus repairing it and they were not too happy about that. Great.

My IS250 has just been rear ended and I am also with Admiral. Cant wait for the nightmare of trying to get the car repaired by Lexus via the insurance company. Like the OP, they have steered me in the way of Albany who were too busy to talk to me tonight. I have already insisted on Lexus repairing it and they were not too happy about that. Great.

Good thing is, parts should be in stock or very quick for the IS250.

Insurance companies are never fond of anyone other than their "approved" repairers doing the work because they lose more money lol

Sorry to hear about your accident. Got my NX back yesterday. Although dealing with the bodyshop was a pain in the backside, I would never use Admirals "approved" repairers.

And stay well clear of Albany. They were very insistent that I use them for my courtesy car and wanted me sign credit documents. They charge an absolute fortune and if the third party's insurance contest the cost, you're in a whole lot of bother.

As rayaans pointed out earlier in the thread , it's your right to choose your own bodyshop. Go to your nearest Lexus approved bodyshop and give them the claim number and they will do the rest. Also ask your Lexus dealership if they will provide a courtesy car if the bodyshop doesn't have one available.

Hopefully it will be a smooth process.

My issue with the bodyshop was the lack of communication, thats why I made a complaint to Lexus GB and after that my car was fixed within a few days.

• Like 1

Sorry to hear about your accident. Got my NX back yesterday. Although dealing with the bodyshop was a pain in the backside, I would never use Admirals "approved" repairers.

And stay well clear of Albany. They were very insistent that I use them for my courtesy car and wanted me sign credit documents. They charge an absolute fortune and if the third party's insurance contest the cost, you're in a whole lot of bother.

As rayaans pointed out earlier in the thread , it's your right to choose your own bodyshop. Go to your nearest Lexus approved bodyshop and give them the claim number and they will do the rest. Also ask your Lexus dealership if they will provide a courtesy car if the bodyshop doesn't have one available.

My issue with the bodyshop was the lack of communication, thats why I made a complaint to Lexus GB and after that my car was fixed within a few days.

Glad to hear it's sorted now. Any noticeable change in colour in repaired parts? I would have thought Sonic T is quite difficult to get right

The colour match is excellent imo. No noticeable difference . The paint was ordered from Japan, and the engineer at Lexus stated that Lexus/Toyota Japan have nailed the composition of each batch of paint. Obviously there will be very small differences but not noticeable to the naked eye. Very pleased with therespray.

Thats exactly what I did. I took mine directly to Lexus who have then arranged for Albany (?) to deal with the claim. The repairs will be carried out at the Lexus body ship . Just waiting for a time to be arranged for the car to be collected. I am glad your NX has been repaired to a good standard. I have been told Arctic Pearl is an absolute nightmare to match and I have all fingers crossed that it will be ok

Thats exactly what I did. I took mine directly to Lexus who have then arranged for Albany (?) to deal with the claim. The repairs will be carried out at the Lexus body ship . Just waiting for a time to be arranged for the car to be collected. I am glad your NX has been repaired to a good standard. I have been told Arctic Pearl is an absolute nightmare to match and I have all fingers crossed that it will be ok

Yep Arctic pearl is a pain to match. In fact - a good friend of mine has an IS in Arctic pearl and it was seen by some jealous yobs who poured brake fluid all over the roof and a full side of the car. It was written off after the paint shop tried unsuccessfully to match the paint, 4 times :o

The flakes in Arctic pearl are very hard to align. If you get it wrong, one side will look ivory white and the other will look white and when the sun hits it, the ivory white will go to white and the white will go to ivory white!

Have Albany sent you any documents to sign?

Yes they have. It states that even if they can not recover the cost then I will still not be charged which is my main concern

Yep Arctic pearl is a pain to match. In fact - a good friend of mine has an IS in Arctic pearl and it was seen by some jealous yobs who poured brake fluid all over the roof and a full side of the car. It was written off after the paint shop tried unsuccessfully to match the paint, 4 times :o

The flakes in Arctic pearl are very hard to align. If you get it wrong, one side will look ivory white and the other will look white and when the sun hits it, the ivory white will go to white and the white will go to ivory white!

Great

The major damage is to the left side. The plastic wheel arch has bent and dislodged. Also the metal wrapround below the tail lights has dropped half an inch below the left tail light. Park sensors are all knackered.

Admiral uses Albany for their courtesy/ temp hire cars. Googled them and the reviews aren't very good. I'm going to let The Benfield group sort out the repairs and courtesy car. Don't want to get involved in this credit hire nonsense!

If you are not going for a replacement hire car then ask for an equivalent amount of money on a daily basis until you are happy with the repairs.

I did last year and got £2000. Mike.

• 1 month later...

Finally got my IS250 back last Friday and I am happy to say that Bristol Lexus have gone a fantastic job of matching the bumper. I waited a good few days before I posted this to ensure that I have viewed the car in all types of light and conditions and it is spot on. Very happy.

Albany on the other hand were a bit of a pain toward the end of the hire. My car was ready last Wednesday but because of work commitments I was unable to collect the car until Friday. I informed Albany of this but they kept on leaving messages , trying to get me to pick the car up earlier. They also contacted Bristol Lexus but Simon put them in their place. I.e I should not be out of pocket by having to take time of work because it was a non fault claim.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links