Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi everyone, I'm Rob and I joined the forum today as I could do with some advice.

I purchased a 2006 IS220d on Friday from a Volvo dealer with 82k on the clock (SE Model) and as a drive its a really comfortable, if not a little bit thirsty for a diesel. However, all is not well and the car makes a noise like a tractor when under load and its loud, very loud. Now I'm no expert but surely this cant be right as the Lexus was recommended as a quiet comfortable motorway mile muncher.? In addition if I hold it at part throttle around 2000 -2300 rpm it seems to have a misfire which again is not normal. Before I go back to the dealer and have a rather one sided conversation could you give me an indication of what's up.

Your help would be very much appreciated.

Rob

Hi rob,my 220d is fairly noisy when its idling but not noticably loud when driving.

The problem you are having with holding a certain rev range 2000-2300 is the same problem im having with mine at the moment,i think itsa blocked/leaking injector,which would also explain a noisy engine.

Mine seems worse in 2nd gear at 2200rpm

• 4 weeks later...