Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Rear Diffuser

PilgrimIS

Well....with no replies I am guessing there are not many UK IS250 owners that have added a diffuser :msn-oh:

I have just received the diffuser in the post. Just bare plastic. Now I need to decide whether to get it sprayed body colour and fitted or...just stick it in the shed like I did the side skirts!!!

Here's what it looks like just perched on the back......

diffuser_zpsllywovrb.png

It's an evil car so it fits with the look...but unsure if I will regret it! I am not feeling too well at the mo due to a damn bug so it might just be my attitude!!

Anyone got any thoughts?

If anyone does decide to get one just to let you know....it will need quite a bit of work to get it to fit. A good bodyshop would be your best bet as the moulding is off!

Take a look thru the ISF section.

The ISF is where you would be more likely to see one of those jobbies!

May give you a better idea of what they look like/colours,etc.

Here maybe

http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/topic/98932-more-carbon-goodness/#entry908259

• 3 weeks later...

Well....with no replies I am guessing there are not many UK IS250 owners that have added a diffuser :msn-oh:

I have just received the diffuser in the post. Just bare plastic. Now I need to decide whether to get it sprayed body colour and fitted or...just stick it in the shed like I did the side skirts!!!

Here's what it looks like just perched on the back......

diffuser_zpsllywovrb.png

It's an evil car so it fits with the look...but unsure if I will regret it! I am not feeling too well at the mo due to a damn bug so it might just be my attitude!!

Anyone got any thoughts?

If anyone does decide to get one just to let you know....it will need quite a bit of work to get it to fit. A good bodyshop would be your best bet as the moulding is off!

Mate that looks pretty damn mean leave it in a matte black look would look right, seeing them body colour would just look a bit off

however thats just my opinoin :)

Post some pictures up when you get the diffuser on ... I have been looking at these for a while from the states but have been toying with changing the back boxes on the car which would mean cutting into the diffuser as I want to put dual boxes on.

I had a look under the car at the weekend and noticed the joints had worked loose on both the back boxes ... had a stainless exhaust fitted almost two years ago, so I jointed them back up again (mot time coming up) but it has made me determined to sort this out so will look to order one of these.

As for fitting, I am guessing it does not come with any fittings. I have used Tiger Glue on parts in the past cars I have had with good results - is this going to be a "glued on" job? Are there enough points on the diffuser in order to get a good seal with the bumper.?

I have seen some smart results where they have been part painted but I would like to see your results if you can post up when its done.

I have "paintshopped" your picture to see what the dual exhausts would look like (hope that's ok) looks quite good at the back ...

The spoiler looks really good on the car - do you have a link to where you sourced it from? I have bought one and its sitting in the garage (and has been since last year) I am not too sure it will look as good on the car as the one you have..

post-35349-0-97905900-1429901883_thumb.j

Damn you, damn you...I now am thinking I should go quads...lol I had a full stainless fitted end of last year and I don't like the backboxes...so...change those and get quads is a possibility! hmmmmm!

Which spoiler are you talking about? The boot spoiler? In fact, the boot/roof and front lip all came from the same place....a company based in Taiwan. They sell on eBay...I have just had a quick look and cannot find them at the moment, however this is the same for the rear boot & roof I have:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PAINTED-LEXUS-IS250-SPOILER-NEW-IS350-REAR-F-TYPE-BOOT-TRUNK-ROOF-WING-COMBO-/251864054500?hash=item3aa4447ae4

Quads would finish the look on your car, got you wondering now !!.... Both the back boxes on mine came off really easy - I don't think the stainless metal bonds together that well so it can be removed easily.

I have a boot spoiler and upper roof spoiler - like you, both bought painted from Taiwan and an excellent job in colour match and quality but I have not seen any painted front spoilers - its the front one that I would be interested in .... the one I have in the garage I don't really like so it will probably just sit there until it rots !!

What would really set the front of your car off would be mat painted inner light surrounds - I have seen it on a few lexus now and it looks really good - I think there has been a post on here as well from someone who has had it done.

Are those 19" wheels and have you had it lowered? ... I will have a good look for the spoiler.

It took me months to find the front lip painted and shipped....just had a quick look and can't find it on eBay. I'm sure they are out there....remember to search for 'lip' in worldwide rather than splitter or spoiler as in the states/Taiwan they refer to them as lips.

I will look for the inner surround job, I like the sound of that!

Yes, 19" rims, yes, lowered on Eibach Pro springs. Most are shocked on how damn comfy it still is...even with 30 front and 35 rear profile tyres too!

No mate, not at all. I spent a good while (months!) working out the best fit for the wheels, taking into account rim width, offset and tyre profile! The result is pretty damn wide rears with clean lines all with no rubbing and no spacers.

ive got 19s myself with 30mm profiles on the front and 35 on the back just ordered some h and r springs from germany managed to get them at a decent price aswel

think it was about £135 including postage. think im going to do a how too aswel when i install them just as guide for other members doing it

also going to order a new boot spoiler next month possible something like this

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/161492409742?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

just need to find a front splitter once the cars lowered and see how much clearance i have left

I'm glad I've read this! That looks awesome love the diffuser! I'm after a trunk and roof spoiler so in glad I've found some people who have bought from Taiwan! I want a Wald style rear spoiler though.

I bought the wald replica spoiler a while back from Taiwan. Haven't got round to installing it as my plan is to mold it on the boot-lid and make it look like one full piece.

• 4 weeks later...

Yeah it's for just the 2IS fitment it's the same boot in all cars.

Also anyone who's bought from China or Taiwan, how much was the customs costs for shipping tax etc? This usually isn't included in the price

I've seen a carbon wald rep spoiler from Taiwan looks really good just unsure on tax costs to import it

• 8 months later...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links