Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Rx 450H Dipping Mirrors In Reverse

Is there a way to increase the amount the mirrors dip when the car is placed in to reverse as they do not seem to dip that much at the moment. I can't see anything in the manual about adjustments so i'm guessing this is a no

Not sure if this works on the RX but once they have dipped try adjusting them to where you want them and see if it remembers the same position next time.

Some models allow this adjustment, others just move to a preset position.

Is there a way to increase the amount the mirrors dip when the car is placed in to reverse as they do not seem to dip that much at the moment. I can't see anything in the manual about adjustments so i'm guessing this is a no

There is a complicated process to do it apparently.

Something along the lines of put car in reverse, drop the mirrors manually using the buttons and then put back to drive. I got my dealer to do it so dont know exactly

Put the car in reverse ( make sure the L and R window switch is set to either left or right) then adjust the dip for left and right mirrors accordingly .Once you are happy with the position move gear lever to P. Now when you select reverse the mirrors should dip to your previous setting , as long as the mirror switch is set to L or R .

Thanks for the advice but none of the above seems to work. I want to try and avoid going to the dealer so i will keep looking on the net

Interestingly this question has been asked on a popular American Lexus forum, and apparently it is not possible to alter the angle of tilt in reverse . I know that they may have American RX's may have different options/settings, so it is encouraging that some people on here have managed to alter this angle. My question is, can you clearly see the curb now when the car is placed in to reverse and is this position a big difference to your normal driving position? Our mirrors only seem to move by a couple of degrees.

Ok, this is a bit embarrassing, but I noticed today that the mirrors do not dip much in reverse because they are so big that you can see a lot of the kerb in their normal position. The dip just allows you to see the rest of the kerb. Doh. In my defence, I have not driven the car much and only checked on our driveway which obviously do not have a kerb lol :innocent:

Not as embarrassing as you think.

I found that one mirror was dipping very little in comparison to the other. Dealer diagnosed faulty / worn motor and replaced the mirror under warranty. Second mirror was replaced for the same reason a couple of months later.

All that is to say that it may be possible that your mirror(s) does / do not dip as much as they should.

Thanks for the replies. Both are dipping evenly at the moment. Had this problem on our 2007 IS250. The 2011 model has been fine (touch wood) so hoping that Lexus has sorted this out by now

• 1 month later...

Not as embarrassing as you think.

I found that one mirror was dipping very little in comparison to the other. Dealer diagnosed faulty / worn motor and replaced the mirror under warranty. Second mirror was replaced for the same reason a couple of months later.

All that is to say that it may be possible that your mirror(s) does / do not dip as much as they should.

This is good news :) my passenger side mirror does not drop as much as my drivers side mirror when selecting reverse. Used to be fine, but been like that for a few months now.

Oddly, the manual adjustment works perfectly on both mirrors. Just when selecting reverse, the passenger one is lazy.

So, should this be fixed/replaced under warranty? I have an extended Lexus warranty on my 400h.

Had the same problem with mine over the last couple of months - drivers mirror was only dipping about 20% of what it used to and the passenger about 50%.

So, this morning whilst parked on my drive and with the car switched on, I selected reverse and then pressed the adjustment button to maximum downwards position, then back up to maximum upwards position and then back again. I did this a few times with each mirror to run them through the full range of travel to 'exercise' the motors - the result - both mirrors now dipping normally, as they did when I bought the car.

I can't say whether the motors were lazy or whether the mirrors just needed adjusting, if that's possible, but it's fixed them.... at least for the moment.

Dan

• Like 2

• 5 weeks later...

I am actually experiencing the same problem with my new 450H.

I bring my seat quite forward so need better view of the kerb than a slight dip that normally happens when you reverse.

I have tried the manual setting(above), discussed with the dealer .... so far no success.