Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Ls400 Sat-Nav Update?

I've a 2000 Mk4 LS400 and wondering the best way to update the sat-nav, as currently i don't think it's ever been updated going by the roads it's missing!

As a hole I don't use sat-nav's, but since it's in the car I've seen how out of date it is, with entire parts of towns in my local area missing!

I've though of taking it to a dealer and see if they can update it? But The nearest to me is Edinburgh (150 miles away), and no sure how much it could cost...

The other option I've though would be to try and find a disc to update it with.

It's not essential i'll be honest, but just interested to see if it'd be worth doing.

Thanks in advance! :)

Hi you will probably have to take the current disc out and write down the disc number(s). and then input it into the Lexus maps update website and see if any current updates are available and then take it from there.

I have seen this question come up before and the outcome was that it wasn't worth doing as it was quite expensive. Soon as the LS430 came on the market it went to a DVD based system. Mike.

Thank's guys. :)

Don't think I'll bother with it now seeing as it'd be expensive, would have been nice to do but as I said was't essential! So if the need arises that I need one I'll just use my phone by the looks of things!

• 5 months later...

Sorry for bumping an old thread, but though better than starting a new one.

Found this on eBay just now while looking for parts...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Lexus-LS400-GS300-UK-Sat-Nav-Disc-2007-2008-/262015698760?hash=item3d015a4748

What do you guy's think? I'm tempted to get if it's the correct disc and such.