Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Gs450H Suspension Shock Absorbers

BAeMark

Hello,

Please treat me gently because I'm new to the forum.

I have a GS450h and have recently been given an MOT advisory for 'misting' of the near side shock absorbers (front and rear) these will hopefully be covered under the Lexus warranty, the question being should the active control struts be treated in the same manner as normal shock absorbers, and be replaced in 'pairs'.

Regards Mark

• 2 months later...

just a bit of education for myself here - i noticed that shock absorber misting/failure/replacements in very common on the gs450h range - whats the reason behind this and does the gs300 of the same age share the same part?

the s300 doesn't use the same parts. The spring rates and damping need to be quite different on the hybrid due to the extra weight. We don't hear of as many issues with the 300 but there weren't many sold.

Not sure of the reason, but the series III GS was designed/built around the time that Toyota started to reduce costs and took their eye off quality resulting in a drop in long term reliability.